Sign in to follow this  
SO I HUNT

300 PRC THOUGHT?

If you are looking for a round in that caliber and power, go for it. 

I reload all my ammunition, just not into spending another $5000.00 for another rifle lol. I have a rum that shoots lights out and just looking for something I can shoot a lot and not replace the barrel like my rum! Keeping the rum and play with the 300 prc past the 1200 yard play ground..

The 300 norma AI is on my it list too, but for now playing with ideas?

33 minutes ago, SO I HUNT said:

Thinking of buying a seekins just haven’t made up my mind and there’s other rifles makers I’m looking at too...

'Not a fan of the twisted fluted bolt actions. It's an interesting, but not unexpected, caliber to fill a niche that doesn't exist which hasn't been filled by a plethora of rounds over the years. It's a "Band Wagon" round for inexperienced nimrods looking for nirvana who were intimidated by the Creed. 

• Like 1

Guess our military doesn’t know anything either, but guess comes down how I spend my money and not follow the other guys that think they know what they are talking about?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

'Not a fan of the twisted fluted bolt actions. It's an interesting, but not unexpected, caliber to fill a niche that doesn't exist which hasn't been filled by a plethora of rounds over the years. It's a "Band Wagon" round for inexperienced nimrods looking for nirvana who were intimidated by the Creed. 

As posted by a classic .270 shooter I bet....

What exactly is a twisted fluted bolt action? Hilarious...

I suspect you won't respond like you do when someone comments on your silly posts....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SO I HUNT said:

I reload all my ammunition, just not into spending another $5000.00 for another rifle lol. I have a rum that shoots lights out and just looking for something I can shoot a lot and not replace the barrel like my rum! Keeping the rum and play with the 300 prc past the 1200 yard play ground..

I’d be all over it then. Few guys out there have been punishing the Hornady brass and seems to be holding up well. Hot rod your RUM and put the high BC pills on cruise control in the PRC for playing and enjoy it.

I think it’s worth being a “nimrod” jump on the “bandwagon” especially if you reload! I do agree that there are cartridges out there that have no point “question looking for an answer” but these days, unless you run the factory, buy at any gun store ammo..... your gonna find gains from oddballs.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:03 PM, SO I HUNT said:

the 300 Norma would be the best option if you reload. It will be a long time before quality brass for reloading becomes available for the PRC. 

• Thanks 1

The 300 PRC is just one more contender in an already crowded field of 300 mags.  But then, isn't that the fun of hunting/shooting?  Always trying new stuff to see if it is better suited to your wants and style of hunting?  I believe the 300 Norma does not have a standard magnum case head dimension, but rather a larger case head very close to the 338 Lapua.  This usually requires a slightly larger action, thereby increasing costs over a standard magnum action.  

• Like 2