Sign in to follow this  
muley224

Surrendered Tag. Unit 9

Missed a call yesterday from AZGFD. Then got the email. "You were next in line for unit 9 Pronghorn hunt".  Called them this morning after a tough night of deciding to go or not since the hunt starts in a week.  After weighing all the pros and cons, the cons won. Too good of a tag to go up there half-assed. I have been waiting a long time and when I do draw, I will spend months scouting, shooting, and planning my hunt. It was hard to turn it down, but I think it was the right decision. Hopefully it goes to a deserving hunter.  Wish they let me know a few months ago, then it would be a no-brainer. BTW, the Gal at Game and Fish was super nice and was a pleasure to talk with.

• Like 3

With 25 BP's figure that I'll draw before I Check out. I have been waiting 23 years and I really only want 1 Goat tag. Once I draw, it will be my last time applying. Also dont have anyone to go with me. My huntin buddy George is out of the country, Part of hunting is enjoying it with friends. 

• Like 2

dang hoping they call me it would be my 4th tag in unit 9.

They could call me the morning of the last day and I would still head up there ;)

• Like 1

With that many points I would have made the same decision.  A large part of the fun with Antelope hunting is the scouting.  It would be a let down not having the time to scout and enjoy learning the country.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Delw said:

dang hoping they call me it would be my 4th tag in unit 9.

They could call me the morning of the last day and I would still head up there ;)

Would you really give up 25 Bonus points to hunt 1 day? Congrats on 4 tags also.

57 minutes ago, Big Browns said:

With that many points I would have made the same decision.  A large part of the fun with Antelope hunting is the scouting.  It would be a let down not having the time to scout and enjoy learning the country.

Thanks for the support. I agree totally.

Yeah last day should be given out or raffled out with no cost of BPs