Yuma Outdoorsman

Help With Score Guess

I’ve never really been much into scores. I honestly have little experience with it. I have shot several bucks but none are close to anything a lot of people would call a “bruiser”. Having said that, what would

you guess this buck to score? I’m guessing him to be about 27” wide and in the 150-160” range but I really have no idea. These photos are unedited and straight from my trail camera. 

067345AA-95B0-4B6A-8AB2-F77E7BEB92B4.jpeg

5539F110-8850-4739-B633-27EF5FC15FDA.jpeg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Delw said:

Is that the same one you had at night? he looks bigger than I thought.

Ya it is but pictures are taken about a month apart. Where he’s been feeding it’s pretty green so he’s had some decent growth since then. 

they call them burro bucks, not unusual in desert mule deer, have seen some good ones.  As far as score, not important, would you shoot him or not, for me I would be more than happy to bring him home.  Don't think it would hit 180 but pushing it, next year probably.

• Like 1

His net score is going to hurt because of the lack of symmetry.  I would guess he is 140 or so.  Gross probably add at least 10, maybe 15.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, azslim said:

they call them burro bucks, not unusual in desert mule deer, have seen some good ones.  As far as score, not important, would you shoot him or not, for me I would be more than happy to bring him home.  Don't think it would hit 180 but pushing it, next year probably.

I’ll shoot him for sure. I think he’s a beautiful buck but scoring wise I wasn’t sure. I appreciate all the responses though. I like seeing the opinions and reasoning for your estimated scores. 

No way is he a "hybrid".  100% muley.  

I would shoot him in a heartbeat, archery OR rifle.  Decent mass for a desert buck, decent length, good width.  150s in my opinion.  

• Like 5