Yuma Outdoorsman

Help With Score Guess

10 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Nice hybrid buck 

You guys joke... I work with a guy that’s been telling this story of this huge coues hybrid he shot in21. 

Finaly I make him show me a pictures And it’s a perfectly symmetrical 4x4 mule deer buck with a mule deer face. 

I tryed to explain all this to him but he tells me he showed the picture to a biologist and he told him it’s a hybrid.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

No way is he a "hybrid".  100% muley.  

I would shoot him in a heartbeat, archery OR rifle.  Decent mass for a desert buck, decent length, good width.  150s in my opinion.  

Agree. Just no G3 on the right side. 140 range

• Like 1

That one is pushing 170"before deducts, either one is a shooter in my book, be where your pics are giving out a lot of information..thanks for shareing

On 9/27/2019 at 11:35 PM, Heat said:

His net score is going to hurt because of the lack of symmetry.  I would guess he is 140 or so.  Gross probably add at least 10, maybe 15.

It’s 2019, take your deductions back to the 80s 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Mathews said:

It’s 2019, take your deductions back to the 80s 

Huh?  Good luck with that nonsense when you go to enter a record in the Pope and Young Club or Boone and Crockett.  Tell that to your measurer and let me know how that goes ok chief!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Heat said:

Huh?  Good luck with that nonsense when you go to enter a record in the Pope and Young Club or Boone and Crockett.  Tell that to your measurer and let me know how that goes ok chief!

1) You think he’s be gonna entering his 150” mule deer? 
2) Both clubs are a joke anyway, nobody cares. An inch is an inch, that’s why SCI exists chief 

He asked about score right?  Thats their rules, not mine.  If you have a problem with their rules, take it up with them not me!

On 9/28/2019 at 5:44 AM, Yuma Outdoorsman said:

I’ll shoot him for sure. I think he’s a beautiful buck but scoring wise I wasn’t sure. I appreciate all the responses though. I like seeing the opinions and reasoning for your estimated scores. 

Good thing the OP doesn't have a problem with us giving the opinions that he asked for in the first place, unlike some people that just stir crap for no good reason!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heat said:

He asked about score right?  Thats their rules, not mine.  If you have a problem with their rules, take it up with them not me!

He asked about score, not what deductions he should expect from your favorite club

Newsflash, if you get an animal scored by 2 out of the 3 clubs that do scoring, deductions are part of that score.  Get over it!  Besides he never specified which scoring method or SCI specifically.  Not sure what your beef is with me or this topic in general.  Other people on here mentioned deductions and I don't see you harrassing them. Besides, you are late to the party.  This thread is almost 2 months old, resurfacing for some unknown reason.  The funny thing is, I tend to agree with you that a gross score is more meaningful, but thats not how 2 of the major clubs do things.  Again, I don't make the rules, nor have I ever had any if my animals measured.  Can we just agree to disagree and move on?

• Like 2