Yuma Outdoorsman

Help With Score Guess

45 minutes ago, Heat said:

Newsflash, if you get an animal scored by 2 out of the 3 clubs that do scoring, deductions are part of that score.  Get over it!  Besides he never specified which scoring method or SCI specifically.  Not sure what your beef is with me or this topic in general.  Other people on here mentioned deductions and I don't see you harrassing them. Besides, you are late to the party.  This thread is almost 2 months old, resurfacing for some unknown reason.  The funny thing is, I tend to agree with you that a gross score is more meaningful, but thats not how 2 of the major clubs do things.  Again, I don't make the rules, nor have I ever had any if my animals measured.  Can we just agree to disagree and move on?

Settle down pard 😂 nobody brought it up but you. No need to take away inches from a deer that wasn’t even killed lol 

After many years of looking at trail cam pics and then live pics and video and then dead critters, I can about 100% guarantee that buck is bigger than 150. I would even go out on a limb and say it is close to 170 but who knows. What is even worse is trying to judge a buck on trail camera in the dark. The darkness takes a lot away

• Like 1

I say 170 frame but since he is missing a point and in velvet I would bring him in the 155-160’s. Pretty deer no matter what.  

I’ve been known to mid judge deer by a few inches too!!!

Most guys here buy their tapes from A3 I think. Only scores here I trust are stickflikr and bohuntr. Any score from a horn tooting outfitter tramp stamper is meaningless regardless what year it is. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, TOBY said:

Most guys here buy their tapes from A3 I think. Only scores here I trust are stickflikr and bohuntr. Any score from a horn tooting outfitter tramp stamper is meaningless regardless what year it is. 

LOL you’re still on that.. jealousy is ugly bud. I posted a couple pictures and a story like everyone else on here and that’s the route you took 😂 get over it. Watermarks are part of the business, if people could kill things for themselves and not try to take credit for other people’s work they wouldn’t exist, but that’s the world we live in. You can come score it yourself if it helps you sleep at night 

I just think hand held animals should not be allowed in the books, if so with an asterisk and a dollar sign. The deer is amazing regardless of score.

1 hour ago, TOBY said:

I just think hand held animals should not be allowed in the books, if so with an asterisk and a dollar sign. The deer is amazing regardless of score.

Wtf is a hand held animal? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mathews said:

Wtf is a hand held animal? 

I believe he is referring to a guided hunter, as in "hand held, there he is, shoot him."

IIRC, the books are about honoring the animal.  Unfortunately, the books stir many to compete.

There are many reasons to use an outfitter/guide, most of them good.  DIY is obviously more fullfilling but not always practical.

23 minutes ago, Swivelhead said:

I believe he is referring to a guided hunter, as in "hand held, there he is, shoot him."

IIRC, the books are about honoring the animal.  Unfortunately, the books stir many to compete.

There are many reasons to use an outfitter/guide, most of them good.  DIY is obviously more fullfilling but not always practical.

Well considering my dads younger brother is the outfitter and I work for him.. not exactly hand held. 

Also DIY on the strip is as impractical as it gets. 

30 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

High Fence, farm raised.

It came out of 13b.. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mathews said:

Assuming one lives <500 miles away, the strip is doable, many go unguided.  DIY in Kyrgyzstan or the Zambezi Valley are "impractical as it gets".

BTW, are you done trolling yet?  This thread is way beyond hijacked.  Nice buck posted by the OP.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  A mature desert buck is a special deer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mathews said:

HAHAHA put down the meth pipe fool.

7 hours ago, Swivelhead said:

Assuming one lives <500 miles away, the strip is doable, many go unguided.  DIY in Kyrgyzstan or the Zambezi Valley are "impractical as it gets".

BTW, are you done trolling yet?  This thread is way beyond hijacked.  Nice buck posted by the OP.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  A mature desert buck is a special deer.

How am I trolling? Show me one guy who goes up there DIY and kills a 200” buck and I’ll show you a dozen others that don’t 

edit: This whole conversation is stupid. The fact is the strip is a miserable place. If you don’t have 100 cameras and a small army it’s hard to compete. Most guys will hunt up there once and never go back and I don’t blame them. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mathews said:

Well considering my dads younger brother is the outfitter and I work for him.. not exactly hand held. 

It doesnt get any more hand held than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1