Sign in to follow this  
mku140

Taxidermist conflict help

To keep it short the tanning work never got done after a lengthy period and I'm getting my hides and money back. I believe he is going to try and charge me for his time in de fleshing and salting them. Anyone have a ballpark estimate on what is a fair charge? It's an elk, sheep and coyote all of which were in pretty clean good shape to begin with. Thanks

dispute it with your credit card company.

Depends on what he did to the skins. If he split the ears nose and lips its usually $100.00 or more. 

I often wonder why is this so common?

I can only guess it is far more work than most anticipate and get behind they take tons of work on only to get overloaded and can’t produce.  Any other input on this topic?

Just be happy to get your stuff back and be able to get them to a different taxi.   I rarely fight it out with them when I'm getting my stuff back.   Getting it back is worth more than the money you might spend.   I know more than a few that never got anything back.   

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I often wonder why is this so common?

I can only guess it is far more work than most anticipate and get behind they take tons of work on only to get overloaded and can’t produce.  Any other input on this topic?

Sounds like a little bit of everything, sounded like he got swamped, health issues and he’d said before he was having trouble finding good help. It’s unfortunate that it came to this but apparently he’s done doing mounts and is just going to do euros which that in my experience has been close to the same story, hopefully it will improve with him not having to deal with so much other work.

13 minutes ago, Passinthru said:

Sounds like a little bit of everything, sounded like he got swamped, health issues and he’d said before he was having trouble finding good help. It’s unfortunate that it came to this but apparently he’s done doing mounts and is just going to do euros which that in my experience has been close to the same story, hopefully it will improve with him not having to deal with so much other work.

If you want to Pm me his number I am available to help out. I wouldn’t consider myself good help but I show up and cam run a knife and needle.

I know where you’re coming from and I don’t mind giving a heads up when it’s needed but I don’t think anyone else will get screwed by him seeing how he’s getting out of business. Just gonna let sleeping dogs lie on this one

• Like 4

Save yourself some trouble and don't post the name.  I did that once and wow did I hear about it.  Lots of loyal customers for just about every taxidermist.  However, I did find out about several individuals that got hosed later on and I got to tell them "TOLD YOU SO!"  PM individuals if you want to.

If you haven’t found someone yet I highly recommend Chris Harlow, I got last years deer back in 7 months 

• Like 2