Sign in to follow this  
6AYoteHunter

Credit Cards

I’ve heard horror stories from BofA! I’ve been with them 15+ years. They’ve never blocked a charge or multiple charges. I’ve always called ahead to notify them. That said, I’ve been moving away from them financially. Just haven’t done it completely yet.

1 hour ago, AZLance said:

Maybe G&F will start accepting Bitcoin

Don’t give them any ideas 

I find this odd.  I have used a Wells Fargo Credit Card basically every time I have applied except once when I did not want to get drawn and I have never had a single issue and I have drawn plenty of tags.  Are you using a Credit Card or a Visa Debit Card?

1st issue was during the elk pronghorn apps this year for AZ. Wells Fargo said they have more fraud monitoring for their credit cards now. 

Never had a problem with Wells Fargo credit cards before. Been using them to apply in AZ since the 1st online draw was offered, then stopped and then restarted again. So used during every online draw offered. 

Just discussed this issue with my cousin who is a branch manager at Chase (he left BofA when the Mcmillian Group was criticized for making firearms) and he suggests a separate card for each transaction to avoid the duplicate charge filters. Other option is prepaid cards. Said this issue is fairly common now. He said Wells Fargo is one of the better companies to deal with. So sticking with them for at least one card. 

I've used a Wells Fargo Advisors Visa for years and never had a problem. The offer for the card came because I run a brokerage account with Wells Fargo advisors. I'm not sure but it is possible that card might be managed a little differently because it's from a different department of Wells Fargo.

I like to use different cards for each person's application (if apply separately), so that I immediately know who was drawn when the credit card is hit.  It also provides less of a chance that the credit card will have multiple charges of the same amount and trigger a fraud alert with the bank that way.  When my Chase card questions a charge (via text), I can say it is legit and the transaction completes without a problem.  When my Citi (Double Cash) credit card questions a charge (also via text), it is too late. Whether I say it is a legit charge or not, they have already rejected the charge with no opportunity to re-run it.  That policy makes me VERY uneasy about using it for G&F apps.  I've also tried calling Citi in advance to pre-approve charges from AZGFD, but they said they can't do that unless they are for a very large amount of money (I don't recall how much, but something like $1,000 or more as I recall).

BBVA. Never an issue.  B of A, and Wells, lots of issues when I banked with them.