I have been waging war on mice/rats/squirrels out at my shop!

It seems like I am making headway but I still feel like I’m feeding the little vermin!

I alternate these two and always have bait out in multiple places inside and outside!

Anybody have something that works for them?

2D82BE2F-DF54-47B3-913F-63A18E02353C.thumb.jpeg.d2a448d19b56460a394dee3ae5c67953.jpegD1B03E7F-FF76-4D42-A31F-C7EC8E479DD8.thumb.jpeg.d984d060b704b489e1334f3d77367840.jpeg

HAHA nothing works. except a 17 year old kid and a old fashion mouse trap.

I had mice problems for years at the shop. I bought 5 packages of those glue mouse traps ( thats liek 20 individual traps) set them all over the shop Nothing except mice foot prints. put them in a big circle stacked on one another and just mise foot prints and some fur. I gave up. had liek 5 org old fashion mousetraps I tried for years to no avail.  these mice were so brave they would walk across the wifes key board while she was typing on it. then sit on the edge of the desk and look at her. Ive tried the roller over the bucket of water trick even a fishing pole with lots of hooks set as a snare with peanut butter on them. NOTHING.

So then my daughter comes home with 2 cats for my shop, yeah the shop right. one had a name home kitty and the others name was shop kitty. Heck I thought it was a good idea...  shop cat got renamed to doug and home cat renamed to Jack 3 days later, neither one made it to the shop ever cause they might get dirty,

so I hired my daughters boyfriend earlier this year to work in the shop, he being a dumb curious kid he is payed with them on his fingers not once but a few times (stupid kid) any way I noticed all my old mouse traps were off my desk. one day I am setting up a machine and I see him go running and laughing and going I got one I got one. Im like WTF. sure as shoot he got one and he just put them out that morning I guess. then an hour later hes off running in the shop again got another then another. in 2 days he got 4-5 mice with the old traps. in 3-4 years I got a few scorpions and one finger with the glue traps.

He would take those chex mix's and slide it right over the little trigger flapper thing. Havent had a mouse in 3 months now.

the posions work but stink things up when they die

T rex rat traps with crunhy peanut butter. Rats and mice run along walls so find travel corridors, like outside corners pinch points etc. Rats have a tendency to hop over things so 2 or even three next to each other a few inches apart.  Squirrels are easy to catch in cage traps also with crunchy pb.  

Poison is the best bet. 

If you want to chase them around your self it’s going to turn into a full time job. 

Authenzo traps (snap traps with yellow bar).  I use them in my shed where I store chicken feed and lawn supplies. Best traps that I’ve used (and i’ve tried them all).  Simple and clean enough that My 9 year old does all the setting/emptying. 

I avoid poison because I have dogs and I feed the dead mice to the chickens. When I first switched to them I was killing 2-4 mice a day. After about 2 weeks I hardly catch any. Totally eradicated the problem but I still leave them out to keep the problem non existent. 

• Like 1

feral cats.

james 

I just bought a thing off amazon called the rolling log or somthing like that. Basically its a metal dowel that spins . It goes at tge top of a 5 gallon bucket half full of water. Put your bait in the middle of the log and when the vermin walk out for the bait it dunks em in the water. Not sure how well it works yet but i like the idea

13 minutes ago, Tropicalmulch said:

I just bought a thing off amazon called the rolling log or somthing like that. Basically its a metal dowel that spins . It goes at tge top of a 5 gallon bucket half full of water. Put your bait in the middle of the log and when the vermin walk out for the bait it dunks em in the water. Not sure how well it works yet but i like the idea

I forgot about those...friend at work made one and swears by it.