Edge

Walking in the dark to your stand...

9 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

I was just curious, because AZ has so many Turkey Creeks.

Yup, Johnny Ringo is buried on the one in the Chiricachaus

• Like 1

Years ago one of the guys on azbasszone was quail hunting near Horseshoe lake with his pup. Had a backpack on and a lion got up and pushed him down while biting the backpack. He shot it with his shotgun. Never know.

been hunting Arizona since i was 6yo, 60 now and still have not seen a live lion in the wild.  kicked out a few bears in the dark but i was always most afraid of hydrophoby skunks and foxes.

scariest thing happened in broad daylight-descending a steep slope in big canyon i see a huge, black mass of bees as big as a house headed up right at me.  nowhere to go so i hit the ground, covered up and waited to die.  turned day into night.  pucker factor 10+.

lee

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Edge said:

Yup, Johnny Ringo is buried on the one in the Chiricachaus

42 minutes ago, Snapshot said:

Killed by Huckleberry.

According to the movie. My money is on Buckskin Frank Leslie.

• Like 2

The movie showed him being shot by Doc Holliday, but it was reported that Ringo committed suicide. A worker in Turkey creek found him sitting dead against a tree, with a bullet through the temple, and one fired round in his pistol.

I didnt know that until I looked it up.

i know 3 of those guys-including Travis and his wife-she grew up in the house i live in.  what do you want to know?  i just messaged John Goulette on the location.

lee

Lions at dark?  That's NOTHING!!!  Worst is either walking in the dark down a very steep mountain far from camp, through a hidden canyon near the border, or a rattlesnake at night.  LOL

• Like 2

Okay I forgot about the time I walked backward to a trailhead 2 miles because of a lion eyeing me at dusk...ok...yah, they're all bad.  LMAO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snapshot said:

The movie showed him being shot by Doc Holliday, but it was reported that Ringo committed suicide. A worker in Turkey creek found him sitting dead against a tree, with a bullet through the temple, and one fired round in his pistol.

I didnt know that until I looked it up.

Deputy sheriff Billy Breakenridge reported seeing Johnny Ringo drunk before he was dead, and tried to talk him into riding along with him, which Ringo refused. Breakenridge later ran into Leslie on the same trail. When Leslie plugged Billy Claiborne outside the Oriental, Claiborne refused medical treatment so he could make a statement how Leslie killed his friend Ringo. In my original post I had Luke Short killing Claiborne, but it was indeed Leslie. Luke Short shot Charlie Storms at the Oriental. My appolagies.

• Like 1