azbugler

Help Arrest this poacher!

The coincidence of nobull350 posting live game camera photos of this bull prior to it being poached is astounding. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow! 1

18 hours ago, 654321 said:

Unless it has changed AZGFD when assessing civil penalties considers an elk with 6 points or more a "trophy" which carries an automatic $8,000 fine regardless if it is a 240" bull or 400+ 

The following is from Arizona Title 17:

This from the "definitions" section:

4. "Trophy" means:

(a) A mule deer buck with at least four points on one antler, not including the eye-guard point.
(b) A whitetail deer buck with at least three points on one antler, not including the eye-guard point.
(c) A bull elk with at least six points on one antler, including the eye-guard point and the brow tine point.
(d) A pronghorn (antelope) buck with at least one horn exceeding or equal to fourteen inches in total length.
(e) Any bighorn sheep.
(f) Any bison (buffalo).

This from the Civil Liability section:

A. The commission or any officer charged with enforcement of the laws relating to game and fish, if so directed by the commission, may bring a civil action in the name of the state against any person unlawfully taking, wounding or killing, or unlawfully in possession of, any of the following wildlife, or part thereof, and seek to recover the following minimum sums as damage:

1.  For each turkey or javelina                           $500.00

2. For each bear, mountain lion, antelope or deer,

other than trophy                                   $1,500.00

3. For each elk or eagle, other than trophy or

endangered species                                  $2,500.00
      4.  For each predatory, fur-bearing or nongame animal   $  250.00
      5.  For each small game or aquatic wildlife animal      $   50.00
      6.  For each trophy or endangered species animal        $8,000.00

50 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

The coincidence of nobull350 posting live game camera photos of this bull prior to it being poached is astounding. 

But, no power line pic hmmm?

8 minutes ago, Chris said:

Why bother, g&f will slap puny fine.  Waste of time. When is G&F going to give real consequences? 

Wish I had enough income to say $8,000 plus a fine and other court costs are "puny." 😉 And of course, there's the license suspension. Even though it's meaningless to a poacher, it revokes his right to hunt in a LOT of states, as well.. 

• Like 3

Considering what it would cost to shoot a bull like that on most ranches in the west or the many years it takes to get a tag here I’d say 8k is a bargain 

• Like 1

This is going to be a tough one. G$f is in possession. They can only find a trigger man at best from a "Wistleblower". 😏

On 10/4/2019 at 6:26 PM, CatfishKev said:

Im just wondering what game and fish considers trophy vs B and C and or pope and young?

DUDE!!!  Obliviously P&Y. I’m alittle disappointed I had to explain this. 

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 1:40 PM, Outdoor Writer said:

The following is from Arizona Title 17:

This from the "definitions" section:

4. "Trophy" means:

(a) A mule deer buck with at least four points on one antler, not including the eye-guard point.
(b) A whitetail deer buck with at least three points on one antler, not including the eye-guard point.
(c) A bull elk with at least six points on one antler, including the eye-guard point and the brow tine point.
(d) A pronghorn (antelope) buck with at least one horn exceeding or equal to fourteen inches in total length.
(e) Any bighorn sheep.
(f) Any bison (buffalo).

This from the Civil Liability section:

A. The commission or any officer charged with enforcement of the laws relating to game and fish, if so directed by the commission, may bring a civil action in the name of the state against any person unlawfully taking, wounding or killing, or unlawfully in possession of, any of the following wildlife, or part thereof, and seek to recover the following minimum sums as damage:

1.  For each turkey or javelina                           $500.00

2. For each bear, mountain lion, antelope or deer,

other than trophy                                   $1,500.00

3. For each elk or eagle, other than trophy or

endangered species                                  $2,500.00
      4.  For each predatory, fur-bearing or nongame animal   $  250.00
      5.  For each small game or aquatic wildlife animal      $   50.00
      6.  For each trophy or endangered species animal        $8,000.00

Are you telling me I can get me a Jaguar or a wolf for 8k, or do I need to be a Az G&F employee? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1