azbugler

Help Arrest this poacher!

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Only if you’ve eaten the meat and have the head.

Almost right.... always the-- BUT,  But you will not be tasting the elk steaks or enjoying the trophy. All you can think is--- why in the heck , DID I - NOT HAVE A FOOL-PROOF PLAN?   I have heard that over 50% of all the big game taken -is by poachers. But (again) has anyone ever heard -truthfully- what % of the poachers -- get convicted?

Two separate issues as far as I’m concerned. The first step is finding the poacher. As far as I’m concerned, we all have a duty to report out on what we know, if anything, to make sure people like this are called out. From there we can argue and fight for the proper punishment. Most of these guys, it’s not their first rodeo. Making an example would be great! 

27 minutes ago, SEEKER said:

Almost right.... always the-- BUT,  But you will not be tasting the elk steaks or enjoying the trophy. All you can think is--- why in the heck , DID I - NOT HAVE A FOOL-PROOF PLAN?   I have heard that over 50% of all the big game taken -is by poachers. But (again) has anyone ever heard -truthfully- what % of the poachers -- get convicted?

Where’s the pics of the 430 you said you shot 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oz31p said:

Are you telling me I can get me a Jaguar or a wolf for 8k, or do I need to be a Az G&F employee? 

only if your name is emil.............

• Like 2

I am amazed at how a post to alert the hunting public to a poaching turns into a crap fest on scores, etc.  on this forum. Who cares what the freakin score is, someone shot a quality bull and left it.

Chris, was that not your point in posting? 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Only if you’ve eaten the meat and have the head.

You can get a replica that will be hard to tell the difference 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Considering what it would cost to shoot a bull like that on most ranches in the west or the many years it takes to get a tag here I’d say 8k is a bargain 

A bargain for what? To brag about something you don't have?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chris said:

Why bother, g&f will slap puny fine.  Waste of time. When is G&F going to give real consequences? 

Forgot this in my other reply:

AGFD has no control over the actual fines, i.e. CRIMINAL punishment meted out by a judge in a courtroom. Those are defined by the state statutes for the various degrees of felonies or misdemeanors. All AGFD can control are the civil penalties (restitution) and license issues in a commission meeting..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NOTAGS said:

I am amazed at how a post to alert the hunting public to a poaching turns into a crap fest on scores, etc.  on this forum. Who cares what the freakin score is, someone shot a quality bull and left it.

Chris, was that not your point in posting? 

Yes sir! That was EXACTLY the point! 

3 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

A bargain for what? To brag about something you don't have?

In this case. But I’m pretty sure plenty of poachers gets the heads home 

What is sad is if there is no conviction this will likely just go to the wildlife assets auction and anyone can buy it, including possibly the a hole that shot it in the first place.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

In this case. But I’m pretty sure plenty of poachers gets the heads home 

Certainly. But when they have to pay the $8,000, it means that head/antlers are usually confiscated. IOW, no reward but bragging rights, just like the current example of leaving it in the field. 

1 hour ago, Heat said:

What is sad is if there is no conviction this will likely just go to the wildlife assets auction and anyone can buy it, including possibly the a hole that shot it in the first place.

Regardless of a conviction or not, the antlers belong to the AGFD now. They will likely keep them for a while as evidence and eventually auction them anyway.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chris said:

He won't get $8000 fine.  They'll plea around that.

Any plea bargain pertains to the criminal aspects of the case, i.e. that which takes place in the court and is administered by a judge. Sure, he can plea down to a misdemeanor from a felony to cut the criminal aspect of the punishment. But I do not believe the judge can waive or negotiate the civil restitution ($8K) which is set by the game commission, or the license revocation which is administered by the AGFD commissioners after the criminal case is over.

• Like 1