DEADLINE IS TUES., OCT.8

Logo

GAME AND FISH NEWS

Oct. 3, 2019 

2020 spring hunt applications due by
11:59 p.m. Tuesday 
AZGFD to provide after-hours assistance beginning Friday 

Archery_Hunter_-_Drawing_Bow.jpg

PHOENIX — The deadline to submit 2020 spring hunt applications is fast approaching.

Applications for spring turkey, javelina, bison and bear must be received online by the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) no later than 11:59 p.m. (Arizona time) Tuesday, Oct. 8. To apply, visit www.azgfd.gov/hunting/draw.    

AZGFD is available to assist applicants with the online process. All department offices are equipped with customer computers that can be accessed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Customer service representatives also can be reached by calling (602) 942-3000. 

In addition, customer service representatives will be available to provide after-hours assistance — by telephone only — from 5 to 10 p.m. Friday and Monday, and 5 to 11:59 p.m. Tuesday (deadline day). All department offices will be closed at 5 p.m.     

To expedite the process, applicants are encouraged to be prepared with the following before calling AZGFD:
  • An applicant’s hunting or combination hunt and fish license must be valid through Oct. 8. All applicants, including youth (ages 10-17), who are applying for a hunt permit-tag must possess a license that is valid on the last day of the application period. Licenses can be purchased online at www.azgfd.gov/license/
  • Know your Department ID. This is a must to submit an application. There are three ways to locate a Department ID: Log into your AZGFD portal account and click on “View Details” under “My AZGFD Dashboard,” check your hunting or combination hunt and fish license if it was purchased online, or call AZGFD at (602) 942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, see Page 9 of the “2020 Spring Turkey, Javelina, Bison and Bear Hunt Draw Information” booklet.
  • Know where you want to hunt. It’s important to have your four-digit hunt number(s) pre-determined (not game management units). 
In the meantime, hopeful hunters might want to view a couple of short videos before applying for a hunt. 
For more information, call (602) 942-3000.
  • Like 2

On 10/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, Outdoor Writer said:
Logo

GAME AND FISH NEWS

Oct. 3, 2019 

2020 spring hunt applications due by
11:59 p.m. Tuesday 
AZGFD to provide after-hours assistance beginning Friday 

Archery_Hunter_-_Drawing_Bow.jpg

PHOENIX — The deadline to submit 2020 spring hunt applications is fast approaching.

Applications for spring turkey, javelina, bison and bear must be received online by the Arizona Game and Fish Department (AZGFD) no later than 11:59 p.m. (Arizona time) Tuesday, Oct. 8. To apply, visit www.azgfd.gov/hunting/draw.    

AZGFD is available to assist applicants with the online process. All department offices are equipped with customer computers that can be accessed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Customer service representatives also can be reached by calling (602) 942-3000. 

In addition, customer service representatives will be available to provide after-hours assistance — by telephone only — from 5 to 10 p.m. Friday and Monday, and 5 to 11:59 p.m. Tuesday (deadline day). All department offices will be closed at 5 p.m.     

To expedite the process, applicants are encouraged to be prepared with the following before calling AZGFD:
  • An applicant’s hunting or combination hunt and fish license must be valid through Oct. 8. All applicants, including youth (ages 10-17), who are applying for a hunt permit-tag must possess a license that is valid on the last day of the application period. Licenses can be purchased online at www.azgfd.gov/license/
  • Know your Department ID. This is a must to submit an application. There are three ways to locate a Department ID: Log into your AZGFD portal account and click on “View Details” under “My AZGFD Dashboard,” check your hunting or combination hunt and fish license if it was purchased online, or call AZGFD at (602) 942-3000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For more information, see Page 9 of the “2020 Spring Turkey, Javelina, Bison and Bear Hunt Draw Information” booklet.
  • Know where you want to hunt. It’s important to have your four-digit hunt number(s) pre-determined (not game management units). 
In the meantime, hopeful hunters might want to view a couple of short videos before applying for a hunt. 
For more information, call (602) 942-3000.

Has spring turkey always been this late as shown in the regs????

42 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Not sure, Jeff. I don't have older regs on this computer. I'll turn on the other PC manana and check. 

1 hour ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

If you are looking at the Gould's hunt dates they start a week later this year because they did a study and found they nest a week later in Arizona than Merriam's.

Merriam's adult hunts start the last Friday in April just like always. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Little Creek Calls said:

If you are looking at the Gould's hunt dates they start a week later this year because they did a study and found out they nest a week later in Arizona than Merriam's.

Merriam's adult hunts start the last Friday in April just like always. 

So do we truly get a "spring hunt" with the idea toms are going to be strutting looking for the gals? 

I mean if the gals are already nesting that means the boys have hung it up for the season right?

I think so, pretty similar to every state I have hunted. I think Merriam's start nesting in May in Arizona just based on my experience. I will have to find the research report and check the dates.  

1 hour ago, Little Creek Calls said:

I think so, pretty similar to every state I have hunted. I think Merriam's start nesting in May in Arizona just based on my experience. I will have to find the research report and check the dates.  

I just had a memory flash and confirmed dates with my nephew.

1978 we were hunting turkey and his mom had to be rushed to Springerville because she went into labor pains.

April 18, 1978..........

• Like 1

They added the youth hunt between then and now. The youth get the second to last Friday in April.

If you like the week earlier date hunt NM. Starts April 15th every year. Even with the earlier season in NM I would rather have an Arizona hunt. 

• Like 2