Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

bounty

roughin' it here..  my favorite author all-time jim harrison excused his rich, game meat diet by repeating a mantra the last 15 years.  'eat or die'.  it works good only as an excuse however.

tonight sea of cortez triggerfish fillets over rotini with my marinara/olive oil/chili sauce-starting to get the shakes gotta get to it.

tomorrow night venison tenderloin with butter sauteed poblanos and garlic cloves.

a crock pot of elk chilli goes on monday morning.

the dr says i am depressed and gotta find something that interests me like wood carving.  idiot.

lee 

• Like 1

i kept seeing mention on cwt of 'meateater' and rinella but it was a tv thing i had never heard of outside of here.

this rinella's a keeper, thinks he can cook-we'll see i have netflix now.  he seems to have  a thing for coues and his 'southwest' pronunciaton of coues is fresh and avoids the 'back' button.  maybe he should get with some fellows i know from gila county who hunt coues every year with oxygen generators and 16x scopes.  'sporting' is a relative term..............

lee

7 hours ago, biglakejake said:

i kept seeing mention on cwt of 'meateater' and rinella but it was a tv thing i had never heard of outside of here.

this rinella's a keeper, thinks he can cook-we'll see i have netflix now.  he seems to have  a thing for coues and his 'southwest' pronunciaton of coues is fresh and avoids the 'back' button.  maybe he should get with some fellows i know from gila county who hunt coues every year with oxygen generators and 16x scopes.  'sporting' is a relative term..............

lee

Ironic that just last night I also discovered "meat-eater" on Netflix, which I stream through Cox. Didn't watch any but will when I get a chance.

Those guys on the oxygen generators sound like mine kind of people; I'm on one 24/7. 🤬

too bad about anthony bourdain.  think of the conflict-a passion for game meat but the worst hunter/gatherer ever.  if you need a boost for yer appetite try 'parts unknown' episode 'newfoundland'.  sumtin.

lee

Try skin on, cut a piece of paper bag to the same size as the fillet. Put the fillet skin side down on the paper. Salt, pepper, thyme and that's it. Then fillet with paper on the grill approx 8 min (or until 130*). Take off the grill, slide a long spatula in between fillet and skin (comes off like butter), plate it and enjoy. Great way to do triggers in MX.