My friend I both ended up tagging out. Sunday morning for me and Sunday evening for him. Two opposite locations. We always found the cows with the bulls. Had a great hunt!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jpsciteacher said:

My friend I both ended up tagging out. Sunday morning for me and Sunday evening for him. Two opposite locations. We always found the cows with the bulls. Had a great hunt!

Pics and story!

7e is a very tough unit for elk. I deer hunt there a lot in August and hardly ever see any elk. My best advice I can give you is get as close to 7w as possible 

So the first two days we spotted no elk. We started off way high in aspen/ pines but to no avail. Finally decided to hit areas of success from the past. I was dropped off first and spotted a bull within 30 min of slow stalking. Found the cows within half hour later. Put on a stalk and got within one range. Later than evening my buddy got one in a thicker area near the Nordic center. 2/4 success; great week hunting!!!

EA588D99-8957-450A-A539-6572491E7AF2.jpeg

1E3355EF-96E0-4314-999A-F8FC50D78162.jpeg

9868C040-A66B-4982-8477-0B30BFCBA155.jpeg

95F5851A-DB92-492A-A997-38135CC9F38E.jpeg

71EEB29E-409F-414C-8ECE-2132D80C0A02.jpeg

• Like 4

It is always a little weird to see the antelope in the pine trees. My last hunt in 7e a few years ago we spotted a small herd in the middle pine elevations in early December. 

Congratulations, 7E is a tough hunt. The December cow hunt is even more of a challenge. 

• Like 1

Congrats fellas.  Very rare to see those head shots, but makes sense on cows when possible.  Hopefully my son and I can tag our first bull there in a month.

Be prepared to be cold. Stay warm. Hunt hard and shoot straight. 

7e is a tough unit on late hunts. Start in the middle and look for sign. If you dont see sign, move, and dont be afraid to make drastic moves. Get away from the roads and glass, glass, glass.

• Like 2

Well, spent last night in 7E to scout and man was it cold.   15F if my thermometer was right.  It felt it.

This was at 0800 and the sun had burned off some of the heavy frost.

Had a Mr. Buddy going full bore and still could see my breath on my side of the tent.

I am taking an extra 20 lb. tank.  Ain't no way I want to run out in the middle of the week. 

Next week should be fun if the weather forecasts hold up.

20191123_075730.jpg

10 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

Well, spent last night in 7E to scout and man was it cold.   15F if my thermometer was right.  It felt it.

This was at 0800 and the sun had burned off some of the heavy frost.

Had a Mr. Buddy going full bore and still could see my breath on my side of the tent.

I am taking an extra 20 lb. tank.  Ain't no way I want to run out in the middle of the week. 

Next week should be fun if the weather forecasts hold up.

20191123_075730.jpg

You’ll see 0 on the hunt. Hope that sleeping bag is a Wiggys! 👍

Congrats to the hunters,love those head shots on anything that you butcher as no bloodshot meat.