16 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

Well, spent last night in 7E to scout and man was it cold.   15F if my thermometer was right.  It felt it.

This was at 0800 and the sun had burned off some of the heavy frost.

Had a Mr. Buddy going full bore and still could see my breath on my side of the tent.

I am taking an extra 20 lb. tank.  Ain't no way I want to run out in the middle of the week. 

Next week should be fun if the weather forecasts hold up.

20191123_075730.jpg

Try and insulate the tent some. Unroll the tents front entrance cover over the top. Put a sleeping bag over the top, tarp it. Create any kind of insulation and wind break you can. 

Get the back of the tent right up next to or under some of the juniper. Park your vehicle in a direction to act as a wind break, and stake off a tarp in the direction of the wind to act as a wind break. Get creative.

I have been in that same tent in that same unit, on a late hunt. 1 buddy heater will keep the bitter chill out when it was 15* and the wind was blowing, but it wasn't warm. 

Make sure to have a CO detector in the tent with you though, especially if you start tapping the tent. 

• Like 1

Good luck; I bet you guys got some snow recently! Hopefully the elk are still around!!

58 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

Try and insulate the tent some. Unroll the tents front entrance cover over the top. Put a sleeping bag over the top, tarp it. Create any kind of insulation and wind break you can. 

Get the back of the tent right up next to or under some of the juniper. Park your vehicle in a direction to act as a wind break, and stake off a tarp in the direction of the wind to act as a wind break. Get creative.

I have been in that same tent in that same unit, on a late hunt. 1 buddy heater will keep the bitter chill out when it was 15* and the wind was blowing, but it wasn't warm. 

Make sure to have a CO detector in the tent with you though, especially if you start tapping the tent. 

Thanks Hoss50.  I have some of those items covered but not all. so you've given me some good ideas.

Eddie