Delw

My Daughter is Officially a Marine

That is awesome.  Congrats to you and especially her.  Quite a difference from when I was in the Air Force.  They let us touch a rifle on one day. And it wasn't even a real M16.

Going into high school I believed I wanted to be an engineer. Half way through my junior year physics completely changed my mind. I dropped it and coasted through the rest of high school. I felt my options were get a job as skilled labor or enlist in the Marines. I took the easy road and hired on with a freight company driving semi-tractors. Congratulations to your daughter for taking the hard road and succeeding.

Oorah!  Way to go!  Proud dad right there

We got back from Parris island last night. pretty cool butt place.  Claudia came back with us We havent seen her since we got back shes visiting friends. lol

Wife and I kinda fell in love with South Carolina. mainly due to the trees grass and Buildings/houses.

We went to hunting Island for a while to look around that place was incredible.  The beach there was just wild, looked like something out of Jurastic park. saw a bunch of swamp deer a badger tried to find one of the many Gators for Anthony to no avail. on the way back to Savannah airport I bet we saw 30 road kill deer a bunch with antlers attached some pretty nice ones.

And yes the Kid is Always smiling. Her drill Instructor It'd her for smiling a few times.

IMG_2754a.jpg

IMG_2765a.jpg

IMG_2782a.jpg

• Like 6

Needs more Airborne! HAHA JK that is awesome. I dont know if I would/could let my daughter sign up, I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there. Your daughter must be one tough woman. Congrats to her and I thank her for her service.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2019 at 9:59 PM, Lucafu1 said:

Needs more Airborne! HAHA JK that is awesome. I dont know if I would/could let my daughter sign up, I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there. Your daughter must be one tough woman. Congrats to her and I thank her for her service.

haha she was afraid of heights, says after the repelling in boot she believes she got over it.

when she took me to the recruiters to sign her up I thought we were going to navy one, she goes no Marines Dad.  I was like ummm Ok.

• Like 2

Kid sent me this picture today,

shes on a mini deployment (she called it something else) her and a few other mechanics , 2 cobras and huey went to wine country in CA area for some training.

a little over one year since she went to basic, then went to pensicola Fla for airframe and hydraulic training after that she went to camp pendelton and been there for the last 4 months working on hueys and cobras. she loves it. shes hoping to get a ride in one soon.

IMG_1216a.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The Marines even taught her how to tie her boots too ;) Kinda an inside joke as when we hunt/hike she never ties her boots. I noticed it one day in a picture after we hiked one of her favorite canyons on a elk hunt.

she sent me some vids of them taking off tonight with the sun setting and dark way cool.

• Like 2