CatfishKev

And were off to a rough start... 2019 Bison and Youth elk hunts

Good stuff, Kevin. Congratulations on all your family's success and lessons learned. I hope those pin stripes bring a smile to your face every time you see them. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CouesPursuit said:

Good stuff, Kevin. Congratulations on all your family's success and lessons learned. I hope those pin stripes bring a smile to your face every time you see them. 

They will definitely be hard to forget... and i wouldn't want to anyway. Thanks man. 

• Like 1

Nice!  Anytime I see a post with kids hunting I gather up all my kids and we go through the post together.  We love it and it gets my kids excited for hunting.  4 kids ages ranging from 7 to 13.  Out of all the years we have been doing this I never once thought there would come the day where we'd be all huddled around the monitor admiring a cartoon dick pic going in a boys mouth.  Thanks for that Catfish!  Ah CRAP I GOTTA GO!  My 7 year old is trying to swallow a cucumber!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You and Pickles are top notch parents. One day, maaany years from now your kids will look back and talk about this.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 9:00 PM, CatfishKev said:

They will definitely be hard to forget... and i wouldn't want to anyway. Thanks man. 

What arrow /broad head combo did you settle on? How did it do?

Ended up sticking with the slick trick 1 1/8" 100 grain. Other then my poor preparation and shot placement they performed great.  First shot that went in back lungcavity through the diaphragm and came out stomach was barely hanging out the opposite side by the fletchings. Scapula shot was about 4" into the lung cavity.  Gut shot you can see in pic lodged in her front left quarter and broke off.  I found it when cleaning up the meat. The last shot in the neck blew out the other side.  

All in all I would use them again. 

• Like 1

That is good stuff! I enjoyed the write-ups quite a bit. That sucks about to co-op buffalo hunter. Congrats on the buffalo and cow elk. I had to laugh a little when I saw your art work and the AZ pin striping on your truck. I think I had the exact same moment on Draysen's elk hunt a few weeks ago with our truck. We went in tight between some mesquites and could hear the deep scratches. I shuddered when I first saw them, but then accepted that if I wanted to have a serious hunting rig, "pretty" wasn't going to be in the equation. Mentally it was a pretty liberating moment, just as you described. The trick was selling my wife on it!🤣😥 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

That is good stuff! I enjoyed the write-ups quite a bit. That sucks about to co-op buffalo hunter. Congrats on the buffalo and cow elk. I had to laugh a little when I saw your art work and the AZ pin striping on your truck. I think I had the exact same moment on Draysen's elk hunt a few weeks ago with our truck. We went in tight between some mesquites and could hear the deep scratches. I shuddered when I first saw them, but then accepted that if I wanted to have a serious hunting rig, "pretty" wasn't going to be in the equation. Mentally it was a pretty liberating moment, just as you described. The trick was selling my wife on it!🤣😥 

To be clear. I didnt draw any wieners. Not that its below me though. I'm plenty immature at times.

The pinstripes are a badge of honor!

49 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

To be clear. I didnt draw any wieners. Not that its below me though. I'm plenty immature at times.

The pinstripes are a badge of honor!

LOL, I was referring to the art work on the side of the truck.