Themadhunter

Youth hunt Arizona 3a-3c hunt help

Hello, I have a youth elk hunt starting tomorrow and we haven’t had much time to scout up here due to the distance and work schedule. We are camped out in 3c on the 300 road not far from Black Canyon Lake and spotted 7 cows with a decent bull yesterday but the side by side crews are starting to pile in and have since chased them off, we’ve been scouting the area for the last two days only spotting those mentioned. We’ve put on almost 100 back road miles today and haven’t seen much. Any ideas as I think is only going to get worse with the side by sides down on this side. It’s a short hunt for us due to my sons school schedule. Thank you in advance for any advise! 

The side by sides wont be out at 5:30 AM (the ones hunting will be) as lance said, listen for the bugles as the sun rises. 

Glass the Canyons off the 300 by Gentry tower (take the roads the head towards the San Carols Reservation) you will have to try to not see a cow elk. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redman said:

The side by sides wont be out at 5:30 AM (the ones hunting will be) as lance said, listen for the bugles as the sun rises. 

Glass the Canyons off the 300 by Gentry tower (take the roads the head towards the San Carols Reservation) you will have to try to not see a cow elk. 

All that around Gentry look out is good. Deer spings. And around the 50 road. Should have one down by now.lol

100 miles back roads??  That means your spending to much time on the road.  Get out and listen, and hike away from roads.

• Like 2

Around Clay springs.