Sign in to follow this  
Goldfinger78

Thomas did it again.

Thomas was able to take his 3rd cow in as many years on opening morning.  We were able to spot a group of elk within just a few minutes of glassing about 800 yards away.  After closing the distance to 333 yards, crawling the last 10 yards, we were able to get into a shooting position.  We couldn't lay prone or use a pack.  Our only option was to take a standing shot because we were in some thick Manzanita. We set up the 6.5 Creedmore on a tripod using a triclaps and shooting sticks to get rock solid.  Boom cow down at 7am opening morning.  Big thanks to Thomas's uncle Adam aka BigBrowns for helping out with this hunt. Very blessed to have some great hunting buddies.

IMG_20191011_071015.jpg

IMG_20191011_081959.jpg

IMG_20191011_071119.jpg

• Like 23

We had a great time yesterday.  Gret job Thomas!!  I'm gonna be really sad when Thomas turns 18, because I really look forward to this hunt.  These Jr cow hunts have become my favorite hunt of the year!  

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Big Browns said:

We had a great time yesterday.  Gret job Thomas!!  I'm gonna be really sad when Thomas turns 18, because I really look forward to this hunt.  These Jr cow hunts have become my favorite hunt of the year!  

Agreed it will be a sad day when he can't do this hunt anymore.

• Like 1

Splendid, , don't worry Adam. I have a couple grand kids coming of age. Did he get her in the old go to spot? 

• Like 2

Congrats

• Like 1