Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

3c youth elk hunt

Anyone have a camp heading up for the youth hunt in 3c ?  We are going up Tuesday for the general cow hunt that follows, If anyone needs anything hit me up. I'll have mules in camp and just scouting a little before Friday. Good luck 

• Like 3

Going ok so far. Camped just south west of the lake entrance. I will say I am no longer on the fence as far as wild horses go. We had to fight off a band in camp last night with a stallion charging my animals and me. With gun in hand I decided they are nothing more than a bad deal for the area. I don't like them. Good looking animals though. 

Besides that scouting has been good, found elk both trips out and about 100 does with 3 or 4 spikes sparring.  The elk I saw were in small 3 animal groups and spread out. 

• Like 1

Drop those feral nags!  The whole "wild horse" bs gripe the heck out of me.  They are  feral.  Same with the dang burros.  If they were pigs, we  could shoot them  on sight.  Purina needs meat for dog food...

• Like 4

Round two with the same stallion, looks like this band just walks down the road we are camped on each day. He is super aggressive toward our animals, really hate to move camp but I hate to leave the wife to go hunt and have something go down. This sucks. 

I bought a wrist rocket from Ace here in town so when they visit the water I'm sitting they don't feel welcome.  Non-lethal and kind of fun when the elk hunting is slow.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rossislider said:

I will be up there the following weekend deer hunting. Keep an eye out for any big bucks for me!

Will do, so far only spikes. 

• Like 1

Round 3 and 4 last night. Had to dive out of my bunk twice to chase off two different herds right in camp. One was just in camp trying to get my hay and the other had a stallion that was charging my mules in their pen. 

This is a very cool spot but looks like we will be moving and not coming back here with animals. Going to waste a whole day of hunting with the kids over these worthless dumb wild animals. Funny how none of the real wild animals are bothering us. 

1 hour ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Round 3 and 4 last night. Had to dive out of my bunk twice to chase off two different herds right in camp. One was just in camp trying to get my hay and the other had a stallion that was charging my mules in their pen. 

This is a very cool spot but looks like we will be moving and not coming back here with animals. Going to waste a whole day of hunting with the kids over these worthless dumb wild animals. Funny how none of the real wild animals are bothering us. 

Probably going to be the same results wherever you move too.

the burros and horses need to go. the people in heber that like thehorses need to get some and keep them in their yard. other wise they go for wolf , coyote and bear food. suppressed 300 win mag.

• Like 1