Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

6.5/.284

are there really factory loads for this?  6.5/.284?  my son has winchesters in .243, .270 and 30/06.  but i've got one last argentine mauser action in the workshop.  he does't handload.

i find listings but no stock on hand.

lee

check ammo seek

Nosler and HSM both make good factory ammo for this cartridge. There are also a number of "semi-custom" loaders like copper creek and choice.

• Like 1

Norma and Lapua are both making it but it is hard to find. Cabelas Glendale had some back in July. I shoot it at a 1000 yards and have built numerous hunting rifles for the 6.5/284 Shehane version. Absolutely awesome cartridge. Building another right now on a Stiller Tac 300 action and one more on a Rem. 700 action for a friend. I recommend reloading this caliber!!

• Like 1

Build him some handloads to go with the rifle, problem solved.  Doesn't matter if he doesn't hand load, you do.

Heck, I bought my older daughter a Savage Axis in 6.5CM for $300.  Then built 100 rounds for it that cost more than the rifle!

Lapua brass, Fed GM205M, H4350, 130 Berger OTM.  Shoots stupid accurate, sub-3/4" @ 200 yards.  

• Like 2