Sign in to follow this  
tomuchworking

3C Rodeo

This weekend 3C was crazy with traffic. The Arizona ATV riders planned a ride the same weekend as the youth elk hunt. I sent them a very kind email letting them know my feelings of their horrible timing. I encourage everyone else here to do the same. Please be respectful, but let them know this was a youth hunt with many hunting elk for the first time. Google Arizona ATV riders and find their website. There is a quick link to email. Thanks.

• Wow! 1

7 minutes ago, tomuchworking said:

This weekend 3C was crazy with traffic. The Arizona ATV riders planned a ride the same weekend as the youth elk hunt. I sent them a very kind email letting them know my feelings of their horrible timing. I encourage everyone else here to do the same. Please be respectful, but let them know this was a youth hunt with many hunting elk for the first time. Google Arizona ATV riders and find their website. There is a quick link to email. Thanks.

Are you f'n kidding me?

Hope they send you an email back saying, "Then maybe you shouldnt road hunt"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not anymore there all grown up,

Susan enlighten me. why would you email these guys and complain about what there legally doing? if you weren't road hunting you shouldn't have to worry about whats going on, on the roads. The Forrest isn't your personal hunting ground.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's bad timing, and maybe a little better planning on their part would be nice. That is what can happen when hunting public, mixed use land. 

It is a small price to pay for having public land to access. 

Hopefully they take hunting into account after your email for next year, but the land belongs to everyone, not just hunters.

• Like 3

I heard that the ATV riders club sent an email to Game and Fish and told them they could have planned the youth hunts better.  ATV riders had this weekend planned before Game and fish released the hunting dates.  I have seen it all now.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why is it we as hunters think anyone else should schedule their events around hunting season. With some type of hunt going on almost year round it would be virtually impossible. It is PUBLIC land....Hunters have no more claim to a timeline then anyone else does....Hunt weekdays you don’t have to deal with the weekenders.....

• Like 4

I get your frustration but it’s public land open for all kinds of recreation.  You just have to deal with it.  You can always pay big money to hunt on private where that kind of stuff doesn’t happen.

Creating conflicts for hunters doesn’t help anything

Sucks, but its public land!  If you really want to stay away from crowed roads start your hunt on a monday.  Everybody is heading home.  Friday and Saturdays are the busiest hunting days on opening weekend.  Plus all the other outdoors people in every shape and size 

• Like 1

I don't see anything wrong with this person writing the atv group and requesting them to consider the youth hunting schedule in the future and sharing this here for others with perhaps the same sentiment.  They didn't come here and complain or start a protest.  It sounds like they handled it politely and professionally and if you disagree then don't follow their lead.  Simple as that to me. No reason to light them up.   

Lots of elk habitat close to or inbetween roads and with first time or inexperienced hunters adding extra commotion and that can easily hurt the experience, especially if not planned.  Not everyone packs in 10 miles with their 10 year old and packs out an elk like Del must.    

• Haha 1

Sucks, but probably not much worse than any general elk opener.  At least they weren't shooting at the elk too.  They were probably in a more concentrated area, you should try a different area in the unit.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

Sucks, but probably not much worse than any general elk opener.  At least they weren't shooting at the elk too.  They were probably in a more concentrated area, you should try a different area in the unit.

Very true! At least they weren’t driving around like kids in a frat house while holding tags! They just drove around. Tomorrow should be good for your hunt. I’m sure the elk are used to, and know when weekends are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jdown said:

I don't see anything wrong with this person writing the atv group and requesting them to consider the youth hunting schedule in the future and sharing this here for others with perhaps the same sentiment.  They didn't come here and complain or start a protest.  It sounds like they handled it politely and professionally and if you disagree then don't follow their lead.  Simple as that to me. No reason to light them up.   

Lots of elk habitat close to or inbetween roads and with first time or inexperienced hunters adding extra commotion and that can easily hurt the experience, especially if not planned.  Not everyone packs in 10 miles with their 10 year old and packs out an elk like Del must.    

Apparently he did he asked/insinuated others to email them in case you didnt read it.

if someone thinks there hunt was ruined because of people on the road, they should not be hunting public land. Maybe needle point or video games might be a good alternative.  Dad needs to stay in the kitchen were he belongs.

as far as this

Not everyone packs in 10 miles with their 10 year old and packs out an elk like Del must.    

Maybe they should start. that way we wont have as many Susans and pussified kids and adults in our future. Nothing worse than some carpet Beatles Dad crying about how unfair his sons hunt was because of others.

• Haha 1