Sign in to follow this  
Shooter McGavin

Daughter’s 4th Coues

Daughter got drawn along with her school mate/life long friend for JR deer in unit 33. The hunt started at the end of their school fall break so we only had Fri, Sat and Sun to try and fill tags. Both being freshman in  high school was going to be an act of god to have them miss any school, (I was the complete opposite). I signed them up to participate in the JR deer camp put on by AMDO being held at the Triangle Y camp, but we weren’t going to make it until Saturday midday because we had our sites set on hunting the front side of Mt Lemmon Friday. Base camp was in Bigelow but we hunted Molino Basin opening day. Got on a couple of bucks but couldn’t seal the deal, drove down the backside from the top on the control road that evening and spotted more bucks but lost them closing the 800yd stock. Woke up at 4:30 Saturday morning, broke camp and parked at Prison Camp for an early hunt prior to going to the JR Camp. Got hillside at 6:45 and buck was down at 6:55. Dropped deer off at WGP and made it to the JR camp by lunch time. Unfortunately we couldn’t get her friends tag filled but she had a blast and the jr deer camp was top notch fun, all kids won raffle prizes some (not ours) even went home with new guns. And the JRs were slaying really nice bucks. I got two more JR tags in late Nov, hopefully a trifecta!!!!

BE9AF612-42F0-4E16-80D0-362AFF73E354.jpeg

D0F34098-4CAE-4A4A-B813-D255A0A7EB3F.jpeg

• Like 10

This is Awesome congrats

I thought I recognized you at the camp. I was there with my daughter and son. She was the little girl who won the 243 rifle in the raffle. Obviously, a great camp for out crew as well! AMDO did a fantastic job!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rossislider said:

I thought I recognized you at the camp. I was there with my daughter and son. She was the little girl who won the 243 rifle in the raffle. Obviously, a great camp for out crew as well! AMDO did a fantastic job!

Did your children fill their tags? Congrats on your daughter winning the rifle that’s always a bonus!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Did your children fill their tags? Congrats on your daughter winning the rifle that’s always a bonus!!!

She filled her tag opening morning. My son was there to help and scout for his hunt. He has a 33 tag starting December 13th. So after she killed her buck, we went into scouting mode. 

20191013_214310.thumb.jpg.3493c39f58eeeab7bb7ffecfcd21267d.jpg

• Like 7