biglakejake

WAR in Kentucky!

2 hours ago, yotebuster said:

I appreciate your perspective and I think we both have some thoughts in common. My view of the job he’s done particularly with the economy might be from a different angle based on where I’m from.  My home town is agriculture and energy based.  Our good times tend to run opposite of the rest of the world.  From an agriculture perspective we never saw better times then 2006-2012.  Most farmers literally became millionaires in a few year span.  Trump has made a true depression with Ag and energy markets through the trade war with China.  I understand that they are screwed without our oil and ag products and the long term if it’s kept up will balance out, but it’s made it really tough for our local economy.  That being said, I don’t disagree with him on that front, with my businesses I’ve insulated myself from the damage that’s caused so it hasn’t affected me personally.  I hear that building is off the charts in larger cities and that’s a good thing.  I think the 20% corporate tax combined with dirt cheap money right now has facilitated that.  As long as we can pay our bills as a country with that I would say I agree with that tax change, but I’m not certain if that’s the case long term.  I’d certainly rather see that then a democrat get in and tax the heck out of everybody and give it all to people who don’t work for it, but again like I’ve said and been flamed for, I’m afraid that’s coming.  Trade wars have burned a lot of people in swing states like Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio, Texas etc.  All it takes is him losing one of these and he’s lost it.  I think the states that will vote blue have only gotten bluer in the last few years and I’m afraid $3 corn and $6 soybeans just might be what causes a few reds to go blue.  Again, I’ve been flamed fairly consistently on this thread, I’m just being a realist.  I didn’t see what I hoped to see from him as a president, although I’m glad we got him over Hillary, I don’t think we’re gonna be as fortunate the next time around.  

China has been allowed by previous administration's to steal industrial secrets, manipulate its currency and put tariffs on US goods sold there for decades. Now that we have a president willing to stand up to the Chi-Coms, it's all Trump's fault. Get real.

And how was farming doing so great there in 2006-2012 when land prices tumbled and diesel prices hit $5.00 a gallon a month after Obama was first elected? How do you operate a farm at a profit when it costs $300 a day to operate a tractor? That's the economy I recall operating a farm in se UT 2006-2012.. 

Now you're being flamed? Lol

Please, no sniveling and I'd appreciate you using paragraphs, even though I've read enough of your nonsense.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Edge said:

China has been allowed by previous administration's to steal industrial secrets, manipulate its currency and put tariffs on US goods sold there for decades. Now that we have a president willing to stand up to the Chi-Coms, it's all Trump's fault. Get real.

And how was farming doing so great there in 2006-2012 when land prices tumbled and diesel prices hit $5.00 a gallon a month after Obama was first elected? How do you operate a farm at a profit when it costs $300 a day to operate a tractor? That's the economy I recall operating a farm in se UT 2006-2012.. 

Now you're being flamed? Lol

Please, no sniveling and I'd appreciate you using paragraphs, even though I've read enough of your nonsense.

If you think diesel costs have anything to do with farming overhead you don’t know anything about farming.  On an average grain farm diesel will account for about 4 gallons an acre if they’re using some tillage.  In our area it’s nearly all no till.  The average input around here for an acre of corn is $250-300 an acre.  So if diesel is $3 a gallon then it’s $12 an acre.  If it goes to $5 it’s $20 an acre.  Decent dry land corn around here yields 120 bushel per acre.  If you have $3 corn and no loss or disasters you net $60/acre.  Doesn’t leave much room for error.  In 2007 corn hit $7/ bushel.  All of the sudden you net $540/acre.  Think they give two shits about diesel price?   
(New paragraph) Another thing you missed out on when you were managing your farm is the fact that commodity prices are now tied to oil prices through ethanol production.   Oil goes up.  Corn goes up.  When corn goes up acres shift in planting so cattle prices, wheat prices etc all follow.

Some tillage? Wheat fields were tilled after each harvest then sat in fallow a year. It's dry land farming. There were seed drills to tow and discing after tilling. Not to mention dragging. 4 gallons an acre, not even close.

Funny how you cant address any of Trump's accomplishments. How about some honesty on your part? But your a Republican? Sorry I don't believe it. You're probably anxious to dust off your Hillary for President signs.

4 minutes ago, Edge said:

Some tillage? Wheat fields were tilled after each harvest then sat in fallow a year. It's dry land farming. There were seed drills to tow and discing after tilling. Not to mention dragging. 4 gallons an acre, not even close.

Funny how you cant address any of Trump's accomplishments. How about some honesty on your part? But your a Republican? Sorry I don't believe it. You're probably anxious to dust off your Hillary for President signs.

We use no till for everything.  It takes about 1.5 gallons for the no till drill.  1/4 gallon for a sprayer pass (usually 2) and 1-1.5 for the combine.  Throw your trucks in you’ve got 4 or so.  The point you missed was that fuel prices = profits for farmers.   If you guys were farming dryland winter wheat with fallow in 2006-12 you were selling $9-12 wheat in there.   $4 is pretty good the last few years.   When your gross production triples your expenses aren’t nearly as important.  You used the number $300/day for diesel.  If it’s $5 diesel that’s 60 gallons a day.  If you’re claiming you’re using far more then that per acre you were getting 10-20 acres done a day?!?  Might be why you aren’t managing a farm anymore?   

It is possible to be a republican and not agree with your president.  I’d like to believe there were some democrats who didn’t believe in some of what Obama or Clinton did.  I can also disagree with our president and not automatically be a Hillary supporter.  That thought, however is obviously out of reach to your mind or you wouldn’t have brought that up.  

You assume too much , Yotemuster. But that's what closet libs do. 

McCain and Romney call themselves Republicans too, thank God half of them went bye bye. 

I figured you out years ago, I'm even less impressed with you now that you've come out. Get a clue.

• Like 3

Trump will win in a landslide. 400+ Electoral Votes. Greatest President in the history of the USA.  Ok, so he banned bump stocks which were a stupid novelty gun accessory. I can look past it if it means he puts Pelosi, CNN, the globalists, and all the retarded progressives in their place.  He’s the only one who has the balls to do anything.  I’d run through a brick wall for that man.  Think of all the shot he is putting himself through to make this country great again  He could have retired and lived the easy life of a billionaire, yet he fights everyday for the American people.  

Viva la Trump!

I was lucky enough to go to the rally in Mesa last year... I got some special access and it was an awesome night!

FFA10432-F5E9-42A5-A861-4AB1C8D88BDC.jpeg

• Like 8

On 10/14/2019 at 7:43 PM, grey curse said:

No it’s all trumps fault.  Just ask

Exactly! Amazing he’s doing as well as he is weird nonstop negative propaganda from so called news agencies.

On 10/14/2019 at 4:14 PM, yotebuster said:

Ol Trump is really digging up every last way to lose his last few supporters.  Is turning the Turks loose on our only Ally in the area and letting them mow down the last few Christians in Syria going to be enough to open any eyes?

You do realize the point of this post is the media is claiming that’s Syria and it’s a machine gun show in Kentucky right?

The media does this sort of thing daily and the weak minds lap it up as truth and fact.

Just now, Havasuhunter said:

You do realize the point of this post is the media is claiming that’s Syria and it’s a machine gun show in Kentucky right?

The media does this sort of thing daily and the weak minds lap it up as truth and fact.

A case of TDS 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Havasuhunter said:

I’m trackin.  Never made a claim that I had any faith in the media.  The fact of the matter is Turkey is invading Syria and 2/3 of the republicans in the house as well as this republican don’t agree with what he’s done.  I’m guessing all of us are just closet liberals though?

1 minute ago, oz31p said:

it’s pretty well documented.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_derangement_syndrome 

You guys literally don’t realize that you are the minority on this one do you?  The dude is wrong.  He shouldn’t have backed out and literally the entire house (including a vast majority of the republicans) and the senate ( working on the same thing as we speak) also don’t agree with him.  I can see it’s obviously not ok to think outside the box on this forum, but truly look at this issue and the fact that his party is literally walking away from him right now and let me know how in the heck you think he’s gonna win the next election.  My whole point with this is that the guy is literally burning down any chance he has of getting re-elected (any chance WE have of getting another republican in office) (yes I said WE, like it or it I’m in the same party as you guys even though I have different opinions then you do).  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I’m trackin.  Never made a claim that I had any faith in the media.  The fact of the matter is Turkey is invading Syria and 2/3 of the republicans in the house as well as this republican don’t agree with what he’s done.  I’m guessing all of us are just closet liberals though?

No. Most republicans are not non interventionists. They want perpetual war and US foreign involvement so the profit machine of the military industrial complex can keep paying out for them. It’s a major problem for the Republican Party.