Sign in to follow this  
ronk

Poor customer service Bushnell/Uncle Mikes

So I called Uncle Mikes about the availability of a replacement thumb break strap for one of my holsters, what I got was totally unexpected. After being placed on hold for over thirty minutes waiting for an agent, I got a recording saying all agents are busy and I was disconnected. This happened four times over the next two days.  On the fifth try I asked the operator to connect me with a supervisor or someone in authority. I was connected to the Manager of Customer Service. Naturally all I got was his voice mail. That was Tuesday of last week and still no call back.  In addition, over a week ago I sent an email via their website asking the same question. Still no reply (sound of crickets). This is the type of customer service that puts companies out of business. I don't know what kind of customer service experience others have had with this company but this is totally unacceptable.

No excuse for that. I have had a few of their holsters over the last 30 or so years and never had one fail. I don't know how long you have had it but I doubt they had much of a warranty past a year and they are the original El Cheapo as far as cost goes. 

Maybe just buy another one if you don't know how to repair it yourself or if it is beyond repair.

• Like 1

Dude....what kind of CS do you expect from a $15 holster company?

I realize the Vista Outdoor LLC holds more companies than Uncle Mikes.  Actually surprising what else they own.  But kind of a stretch to bash Bushnell for an Uncle Mikes CS issue.   Might as well blame Savage Arms, Alliant Powders, RCBS, Weaver and Federal while you are at it.  Along with about 20 others.

I didn't read where the O.P. was looking for a warranty, just a replacement part. Harbor Freight gives warranties, just saying.

• Like 2

Lance, Dude, I wasn't referring to the product, only the Customer Service. I like my Uncle Mike's holsters, among others.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was just saying that for $15, you get a nylon holster, but CS costs extra.  Unfortunately.

Sucks to hear though.  Frustrating.

20 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Dude....what kind of CS do you expect from a $15 holster company?

I realize the Vista Outdoor LLC holds more companies than Uncle Mikes.  Actually surprising what else they own.  But kind of a stretch to bash Bushnell for an Uncle Mikes CS issue.   Might as well blame Savage Arms, Alliant Powders, RCBS, Weaver and Federal while you are at it.  Along with about 20 others.

I would expect to get some CS even for a $15 product. It’s more about the lack of help than the $15 product.

I agree, it's not about the price, but the reputation of the company itself. If you can't trust them for $15, how else would you trust them for a thousand dollars more?

That may help to explain why their stock is doing poorly. Its been declining for the last 5 years.

Just keep the poor customer service in mind when you buy other outdoor products like RCBS dies or Camelbak. If it breaks its garbage.