Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Kembria's Turn (Our Epic Fall Part 3)

21 hours ago, Beaton said:

Good times! It goes by fast enjoy.  Heck of a year you guys are having. I'm gonna miss the youth hunts with my kids.

I hear you. I figure I have about 9 more years of youth hunts to go till my youngest one is past the youth hunt age. When those are done I hope to transition and spend more time helping out at youth camps and maybe mentoring at some of them. Lots of great people have helped me and my kids along the way. Until grandkid's youth hunts come along (better not be for A LONG TIME), I hope pay back some of the debt that way.

Man Sean you guys are making some awesome memories this year!  Way to get those kids out there in the field to continue the hunting heritage.  Big props to you my man!  Congrats to the young lady on her coues deer.  She has me beat in that department.

• Like 1

That's probably one of the most wonderful success stories I've read yet. Congratulations to the young lady and dad.

• Like 1

Great write up. Thanks for sharing the adventure. 

• Like 1

Awesome times with the kids. We were there with my son and daughter. I remember your camp. Congrats to her on a great coues, and the rifle. My son took his second buck, but my daughter couldn't quite get it done. First year she was nervous as all get out... just couldn't quite get them in the scope. Here is my boys buck he took it at 10:30. 130 shot offhand dropped like a rocket!!!

20191012_104814.jpg

• Like 4

There is no hunt in this world that will ever compare or top any hunt I get to do with my children and their mom. I have killed many deer and other big game animals. It's their turn and I love every minute of it. Thanks to AMDO for a great camp and awesome food. Great place for the kids and families.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sluggo72 said:

Awesome times with the kids. We were there with my son and daughter. I remember your camp. Congrats to her on a great coues, and the rifle. My son took his second buck, but my daughter couldn't quite get it done. First year she was nervous as all get out... just couldn't quite get them in the scope. Here is my boys buck he took it at 10:30. 130 shot offhand dropped like a rocket!!!

20191012_104814.jpg

Congratulations! I believe I saw that deer in hanging in camp? 

AMDO will be out there again this year! Love youth hunts more than anything else we do. Hunting heritage is the most important part of our mission. 

we added 20C to our youth camps snd we will be down at Empire Ranch holding that one again. The 20C camp is the second weekend of the hunt. Game and Fish set all the October hunts we have on the same weekend so we had to move things around. 

Hope to see you all out there! 

• Like 2

We have wanted to, but never tried the unit 23 youth hunt. So that was on the applications this year. If drawn, we hope to check out the Punkin Center camp. A friend helps out at that one and has been encouraging us to check it out for the past several years.

7 hours ago, rossislider said:

We have wanted to, but never tried the unit 23 youth hunt. So that was on the applications this year. If drawn, we hope to check out the Punkin Center camp. A friend helps out at that one and has been encouraging us to check it out for the past several years.

Sean, if you get drawn send me a pm.  Its a very fun unit and hunt imo.  We didnt get drawn for elk so decided to take the fall off this year to allow for some surgeries.   So if i cant be there id love to offer info in place and live vicariously through your children!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Sean, if you get drawn send me a pm.  Its a very fun unit and hunt imo.  We didnt get drawn for elk so decided to take the fall off this year to allow for some surgeries.   So if i cant be there id love to offer info in place and live vicariously through your children!

Definitely will do! Thanks

• Like 1