Richie

Patent Attorney

I have a product that I have prototypes made and feel I need to work on a patent before I move on to packaging/branding. I have been doing some online research about patent attorneys and have been getting mixed opinions about patent attorneys. Im wondering if anyone has ever personally dealt with a patent attorney and would like to share how there experience has gone? Did you find a patent was even necessary? Recommendations of a good local one? any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Depending on what exactly you are trying to patent, it can be fairly straight forward. 
I had an idea and spent about 2 days on line searching the existing patents and just as importantly, when they expire. I ended up trying to hire an atty and after meeting with her, she would not take my money and said I found all the same information that they would have found. 

That being said, if it's a complex idea or modification to an existing item, a few thousand dollars can be cheap insurance. Or if you just don't want to spend days reviewing documents.

I've got a local hunting buddy who works within the patent industry. contact me and I'll get you in touch ...