NewlyMinted

Tucson Area Bow Shop

Hi,

I'm looking at adding a used bow to my outdoor fun in the next month. I'm guessing it'll need to be looked at and dialed in to my draw-length etc.

Is there a bow shop that won't cringe at a newbie coming in with a used bow looking for help just starting out? I went into a bow shop in the north of Tucson and just felt pressured to upgrade and spend more with no real idea if what they were saying was real or just sales-ey

Any help would be awesome!

Edward

Bull Basin and check out the Desert Archers 3D shoots once you start to feel comfortable shooting.  The range at Tucson Mt. Park is awesome if you are west and the east side county range is great if you need to site in or wanna shoot long range. 

• Like 2

Highly recommend bull basin. Robinson’s has rubbed me the wrong way a couple times and I wouldn’t go there if you support getting new hunters into bow hunting.they sure didn’t.

• Like 2

I was in Tucson for work today and stopped by Bull Basin Archery on Craycroft.  I had never been there.

Pleasant shop and I was acknowledged right away.  I saw that they had Outdoorsman's products and they assisted me with their long and short bino adapters.

Ended up buying an adapter and would go back.  Just my .02 cents.

• Like 1

Thank you for the recommendations. I went in to Bull Basin twice, the second time was to buy a bow. They were helpful, and willing to answer basic questions. Proud owner of a PSE Unleashed, have a month of free range time at their shop and will take a few lessons there in the next couple of weeks. I guess this is the year this old dog learns a few new tricks!

This is a great forum!

• Like 4

Jesse at Bull Basin is very good and used to have his own shop but the best bow tech and shooting instructor if you can get him is 

Troy who works varied hours out of Doyle Taxidermy and K and L Archery  is the shop name. 

Troy was at one time a manager I believe at Bull Basin. He is a Fricking Genius. 

• Like 1

I remember when the previous owner of BBA in Flag opened the shop in Tucson.  He opened it and hired folks to run it exactly like he ran his shop here.  Top notch.  The current owner of BBA in Flagstaff has maintained the same principles for the Tucson shop.  You definitely can't go wrong with BBA in Tucson.