Sign in to follow this  
Ghostbird

BANWR AZ = too many kitties

Buenos Aires wildlife refuge in AZ units 36a,b,c is looking for a comment or opinion from you.they are pondering the notion of opening the refuge for the take of lions,Bobcat,and Coati.iin the past it has been closed to these predators.they are entertaining the idea of bringing their hunting laws in line with AZ laws,as in the hunting of cats big and small.they are currently looking for public comment.dont be afraid to let them know how you feel.they are expecting most response will be from anti hunting types.and let me assure you,there are lots of kitties.         Send comments/opinion to assistant mngr.    Stan _Culling@FWS.gov

• Like 1

This is the email I sent. Feel free to copy and paste or change it to express what you feel is appropriate:

Good morning Sir,

I am writing this email to support the Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge adopting hunting laws concerning predators consistent with the Arizona Game and Fish Department hunting rules and regulations. Having been a resident of the Tucson area for 45 years, I have personally witnessed a larger than normal population of predators on the refuge. Adopting the rules and regulations set forth by the Arizona Game and Fish Department biologists, would provide a fiscally beneficial means to control the predator population benefitting all users of the Refuge. Thank you for considering this matter and please feel free to contact me for any questions or concerns. 
Sincerely,

On 11/1/2019 at 6:55 AM, elwood said:

This is the email I sent. Feel free to copy and paste or change it to express what you feel is appropriate:

Good morning Sir,

I am writing this email to support the Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge adopting hunting laws concerning predators consistent with the Arizona Game and Fish Department hunting rules and regulations. Having been a resident of the Tucson area for 45 years, I have personally witnessed a larger than normal population of predators on the refuge. Adopting the rules and regulations set forth by the Arizona Game and Fish Department biologists, would provide a fiscally beneficial means to control the predator population benefitting all users of the Refuge. Thank you for considering this matter and please feel free to contact me for any questions or concerns. 
Sincerely,

How much time do we have?

From what I can tell the comment period is over November 15.they didn’t publicize this very well, I found out about it after seeing a flyer at Arivaca mercantile.i called the refuge and spoke with them,they said they would extend the comment period since there was interest.apparently it was already closed when I saw the flyer,go figure.