Non-Typical Solutions

University of Arizona looking to change its 'UA' abbreviation

Because AZ sports suck so much there has been little to squabble about but this is pretty funny......

TUCSON, AZ (AP) -- The University of Arizona has announced it is changing its abbreviation from UA to UArizona, largely to increase search engine optimization.

The Tucson-based college announced the decision Monday in a news release saying the change would help distinguish the school from other national and international entities that used UA, including the University of Alabama, Under Armour and United Airlines.

Officials say the southern Arizona university was not appearing on the front of Google results when UA was typed into search engines.

University officials say UArizona would be used in its own communication practices including news releases and headlines.

The new name is already reflected in the university's Twitter handle, (at)uarizona.

Officials say there are not yet plans to use the abbreviation on merchandise or in chants at sporting events.

https://www.azfamily.com/news/university-of-arizona-looking-to-change-its-ua-abbreviation/article_9f26326c-fa83-11e9-8e4d-e3c883282ee8.html

Right when I google UA, I get is University of Alabama or Auburn, Under Armor, United Airlines, and then U of A. Maybe they should take all tuition $$ and pay Google more.

If you read the article all the way down, it does say ASU is changing its name to ASWHO.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Redman said:

Right when I google UA, I get is University of Alabama or Auburn, Under Armor, United Airlines, and then U of A. Maybe they should take all tuition $$ and pay Google more.

If you read the article all the way down, it does say ASU is changing its name to ASWHO.  

Currently everybody is in an identity crisis :) 

• Like 1

Maybe people can search U of A instead of UA.  I know it sucks, but when you’re in typing mode and know what you want to show up, maybe a few more letters could help.  It’s kind of like me typing “guns” and getting disappointed with what shows up.  At least I know there’s more work to do than just type “guns” and I didn’t even go to college.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SunDevil said:

Google Nogales North.  It comes up first

HAHA right after Tempe Normal! 

Yeah they need to clean up their city and campus for sure

Image result for slums

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

UArizona is still a way better school than Another Sucky University in Tempe.

• Like 1

When my super brain daughter did her walk through at ASU they should her every Starbucks on campus, when she did her walk through at UA they showed her the science labs. Moral of the story if go to UA you will become a scientist, if you go to ASU you will become a barista. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, idgaf said:

When my super brain daughter did her walk through at ASU they should her every Starbucks on campus, when she did her walk through at UA they showed her the science labs. Moral of the story if go to UA you will become a scientist, if you go to ASU you will become a barista. 

Barista makes more...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Funny, these Phoenicians dogging on Tucson and U of A.  Phoenix is just a shittier Tucson.  Way worse, with the number of people, traffic, heat and over all shity congested living without the decent weather.  

• Like 2