Sign in to follow this  
PseAZ

Got her done.

I finally came over to the dark side and filled my 1st rifle tag this weekend on a awesome coues buck. I decided to backpack in wendsday and do alittle more scouting in a spot I was planning to hunt. I saw alot of great bucks Wednesday and Thursday but only 1 that I was debating on chasing. So after talking with my brother inlaw and a few friends I decided to back out and go help him chance a buck opening morning that hes been chasing. We had a great opening morning seeing a bunch of bucks but we never located his target buck. I packed all my stuff into his spot so I decided to stay another night and help him. We saw a few great bucks the next morning but never laid eyes on his target buck. We decided to take a break and eat something and we tried to come up with a game plan on what we could do to try and cover the area alittle differently. While scanning for new vantage points my brother inlaw spotted some deer way back in another canyon right below the skyline. I grabbed my spotter and could tell he was a great buck. They were alittle over 1000 yards out but across 2 canyons. So as soon as they topped over we kind of though that was the end of that. Alittle over a hour goes by and we have been joking about how if they would of just bedded on our side I'd try and make a move. Sure enough I look up there and I see a small buck. We start picking the hill apart and I see the big buck again. I asked him if he minded if I went after him since I was in there with him. He joked and said sure just dont miss. I headed down and closed the gap. I got the rifle set up and waited for him to get up out of his bed. I got a good range and dialed in the 6.5 to 480 yards and waited for what seemed like forever. The buck finally got up and I got into thw scope. The angle was so steep I couldnt get steady. So I decided  to readjust my pack and get better shooting position. The buck stepped put of his bed and started feeding. I tool a deep breath and started squeezing the slack out of the trigger. BOOM the gun went off and I quickly chambered another round. I got back in the scope and couldn't find him. After scanning for a bit my phone started buzzing. I recived a text from my brother inlaw who was on the hill above me said "you dropped him, and he rolled about 7 times down the hill but we got him. " It was such a awesome hunt glad I was able to share it with my family and hunting partner.  

IMG_20191027_211238_788.jpg

20191026_175208.jpg

IMG_20191027_165851_978.jpg

20191027_095047.jpg

• Like 16
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 2

31 minutes ago, el diablo said:

Really nice buck. Congrats 

Thanks man, I'm stoked hes a pretty buck 

30 minutes ago, Jacob...soaz said:

Good job