idgaf

Unit 1 Semi live late archery hunt

6 hours ago, idgaf said:

Another plot twist   this one is epic no matter the outcome

Dude!!!! No cliffhangers allowed. When you say it's epic, I'm tending to believe you.

So what? Did you shoot a cow in the face from the wrong unit while under the powerlines?

400" 3 antlered bull?

Hope it's on the other end of the epic spectrum from the strip hunt.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

5 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Dude!!!! No cliffhangers allowed. When you say it's epic, I'm tending to believe you.

So what? Did you shoot a cow in the face from the wrong unit while under the powerlines?

400" 3 antlered bull?

Hope it's on the other end of the epic spectrum from the strip hunt.

Sorry semi-live means the ending wasn't fulfilled yet.  It got crazy!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, idgaf said:

*****spoiler alert****

Elk hunt just became a lion hunt with dogs

Y’all dropped dogs during the elk hunt?  I’m invested now. 

My guess He saw a or the lion again popped it with and arrow and it took off.

Or he just gutted his spike elk he shot in the face cause the lion spooked it in front of the monster bull he was releasing on, he got pissed cause he forgot his pack at the truck, was walking to the truck along the road crossed into the Wrong unit. then to make matters worse he walked under powers line and 3 hill billies appeared in a old beat up ford with a few lion dogs.

hill Billie one goes" yaw lost".

Hill billie 2 goes "naw man he aint lost thats a look of someone who just shot a small elk in the face".

hill billie 3 pipes in and goes hey cuz ya aint seen any lions around these parts have ya? ...

now the rest of the story ;)

• Like 2

Alright just getting home.  Long Day.  Go through the elk stuff pretty quick.  

I go to  Bulltopia and only see one small (300ish) bull.  Then a herd of 10 comes out and I think they are making there way to there normal bedding area all of sudden they make a sharp right turn catching me off guard and stuck in no mans land for the better part of an hour.  then the skyline turns into stuff Kings Calenders are made. 

First wave

17-1.thumb.PNG.2cec5c31c5a338506dbbacf6ea0d2613.PNG

second wave

17-2.thumb.PNG.c815bf97b7d7106812ebe7d6d82d5b35.PNG

Small bulls make it to the point I am on.   At least I thought they were all small until I looked at the pic just now. 

17-4.PNG.4746007933f77e752eaead5f202a654c.PNG

They catch my movement but that was ok I wanted this bull anyway

17-3.thumb.PNG.24e9d6d8299ab8e5278906b91f468467.PNG

I go the top of the hill I am on  and I notice the main herd is still in the field after 800 and then they redirect.  I put a play on the bulls I wanted.  I didnt give them enough time to fall asleep and they bolt I notice that they start acting funny and redirect about the same spot the main herd did.  I thought well maybe that lion from yesterday is back.  It about 1100 now and I decide to walk by that spot and go to the point where the main herd goes and find a hiding spot for the morning.   I get to where I saw the lion yesterday and hear snarling and the cat takes a stand at a headless head elk.  It growling now and piercing through me with its stare.  I'm 25 yards away.  Oh Snap (it wasnt snap btw) angry cats kill people in California.  It position is facing straight at me very low to the ground.  (this is 1120 in the morning).  I grab an arrow pull back as quickly as I can and put my first pin directly between his eyes.  I was not doing this for hunting purposes I was doing this because I felt eminent danger to my personal well being.  I release,  expecting a dead cat, it jumps 10 feet in the air runs by at 15 yards up the hill next to me then crosses the field behind me.  The voice in my head was yelling take the effin picture

17-5.PNG.9e070351ae7cb7f9120a5cfe5b3aac27.PNGsay

I search for four hours, text a few friends and going through my phone for Houndsman.  I text a few of those, no answer till later anyway.  Then a friend says he knows a guy.  They are there in less than two hours now 510.  I had gone back the two miles to my truck (phone was dying) to take the two track in.  within a minute of catching the trail (3 bear dogs 1 lion dog) they found the tree he was hiding in only 10' up and a tree I walked past at five times.   They jokingly (i Think) said  she wanted to take you out.  I never thought to look up except for the time when I saw unnatural branch movement.  

The arrow hits the lungs perfectly and she runs 100 yards trees again.  After waiting a few minutes, no very last light, I put a third arrow into her and 30 seconds later she falls.  Back to elk tomorrow and a trip to G&F.

Pics on the next post they are on my phone. 

• Like 11

You shot another animal in the Face AWSUM

You do some awsum hunting and have some incredible skills/luck or what ever you want to call it. I call it just haveing a great time.

congrats on the cat

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Delw said:

You shot another animal in the Face AWSUM

You do some awsum hunting and have some incredible skills/luck or what ever you want to call it. I call it just haveing a great time.

congrats on the cat

It was self defense, this time.  

The headless elk it was protecting

IMG_20191117_115544.thumb.jpg.29d82ceb6fa6e8cb47b7353671596bea.jpg

• Like 1

heck yeah it was you were the next headless elk.  I think its f'n cool you post awsum pics. you find some amazing animals.

I was pretty close on my hill billie story you gotta admit.

I had a lion a few yards away from me up by mt trumble that I called in while trying to call in a yote across the road. he was just laying there staring at me not growling but when I turned around and saw him he scared the f out of me. I never heard him come in just felt a weird presence. when I turned around with my rifle and he spun around to haul butt way I swear his tail brushed my hand.

• Like 2

That picture with the cat trotting away with the arrow is worthy of Pic of The Year. Glad it turned out ok for you.

• Like 4

I haven't read your last post yet evause I don't have time and but I keep checking on this thread just to see. That lion pic is insane. I'm blown away by how cool this hunt has become. Can't wait to come back and read about it. 

• Like 1