Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Cool Finds

I found these a few years back on one the fingers going into sycamore canyon unit 8, hunting with my daughter.

both were from 1946 according to internet and marking dates on bottles, still had the government warning on the whiskey bottle as well as the pepsi bottle was made in flagstaff.

they were found together with in a few inchs right under a huge ponderous pine

IMG_1941a.jpg

IMG_1943a.jpg

IMG_19421.jpg

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Delw said:

I found these a few years back on one the fingers going into sycamore canyon unit 8, hunting with my daughter.

both were from 1946 according to internet and marking dates on bottles, still had the government warning on the whiskey bottle as well as the pepsi bottle was made in flagstaff.

they were found together with in a few inchs right under a huge ponderous pine

IMG_1941a.jpg

IMG_1943a.jpg

IMG_19421.jpg

Cool finds, Flagstaff label to boot!!!!

Yeah thats what was cool about it. that old ink label. pepsi in flag opened in 1943

kid and I tried to figure out how they got there that long ago. we figured it was some loggers or hunters. some old stumps but no old roads or even signs of them(depressions). we figured from 60's mom looked it up when we got home said it was from 46.

• Like 1

That's awesome, I'm picturing someone sitting under that tree swigging the whiskey then sipping the Pepsi, enjoying the outdoors.

in the middle of 37b on barkerville road i was quail hunting out on those massive flats just south of the kelvin road.  back under an old scrub palo verde i notice something white and investigated,  two golf balls different labels lying about 2 inches apart at least a mile from the nearest road.  still there, still a mystery.

lee

Biglakejake,

you're the one person on this site that mentions every place I’ve been or think about on a regular basis weather it’s high or low.  Get out of my head.  I bet we’ve crossed paths before.

I archery hunt in 37B every year with a buddy.  We always joke about bringing old or unremarkable Elk sheds and spread them out just to see if someone on the forum talks about a cool find and to start arguments about Elk being out there.  

15 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

I bet we’ve crossed paths before.

you said you were not gary hicks.  

is your last name hatch and own hatch corner gas in holbrook & a place in deer creek estates s of payson?

No, I’m an amateur compared to the Hatch’s.  I try real hard, but the Deer always see me and run.

• Haha 1

A few years ago I got caught in a crazy thunderstorm in the wilderness and this little cave was the best thing I could find for shelter...while I was waiting for the storm to pass I notice a piece of metal in the back of the cave and I started moving rocks and all this old miners loot was stashed in there...pretty crazy find...except the sumbitch didn’t leave any gold behind 

476EE888-A910-4623-9C11-B4E3C6AC028C.jpeg

EA7D5387-F9A5-4DE2-B79E-D07BF42FF909.jpeg

E8521FE8-E0E7-4F84-8CD4-DA17F506ED15.jpeg

A44D2BCB-C49B-43F6-9A52-AD0A0545772E.jpeg

F96A86A8-58CF-4D57-807C-A45F349801CE.jpeg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I wonder how old it all is, did you have it looked at or know yourself?

Haven’t had an expert look at them...they are pretty rusted but from what we could find on the interweb the pans are Acme cold handle 1872 Is when they started getting manufactured...they came in a two pack...and the double boiler pot I don’t remember the maker but it started getting manufactured in 1880s 

• Like 3