Sign in to follow this  
rpowell600

Is this safe to eat?

The rabbits fine. I would pass on the liver.  Organ meat is not good for you in general. I lived on rabbit for two years in my short lived college career.  Never bothered checking livers too close.  If liver  is  bad, it will look like a paint pony.

The small game biologist told me if its in the meat feed the coyotes, if its on the surface of the meat its good to eat.

56 minutes ago, 452b264 said:

The small game biologist told me if its in the meat feed the coyotes, if its on the surface of the meat its good to eat.

Its strictly in the liver. All other organs and meat all appear normal. Im going to fry it up today in the old cast iron for lunch today. If I dont check in within 30 days its not safe to eat LOL

• Like 3

On 11/4/2019 at 12:25 PM, rpowell600 said:

Its strictly in the liver. All other organs and meat all appear normal. Im going to fry it up today in the old cast iron for lunch today. If I dont check in within 30 days its not safe to eat LOL

So, did he die or is he still kicking around? What happened?

I feel fine. I ended up seeing a rabbit and followed it down a hole. Currently having tea with some unusual characters. It’s been great but I’m tired of the constant riddles. 

• Haha 1