Sign in to follow this  
Schmitty

CWT.com Archery Hog hunt?

If there isn't any age limit then I might be a posibility. :lol: I think I might have another friend who might be interested as well.

TJ

Hey, TJ..... :unsure: Those hills are pretty steep.... you might not be able lift your legs high enough to climb back out... :blink: :lol: :P

JK!!!! Bah HaHaHaHaHa!!! :lol: :P

:blink: :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm hoping it's all down hill after the shot. ;)

TJ

What goes down must come back up..... :blink: :unsure: :lol: :P

:o :( :huh:

Tejon Ranch is well worth the drive and $450 for a hunt in California is slowly turning into a bargain. I've hunted the ranch on two seperate archery only hunts, having a great time each and seeing 50+ hogs along the way....but going home with a full cooler is definately not a sure thing and the success ratio is way less than 50%. It's a tough hunt and the hills are steep, but seeing how you guys hunt coues and know how to glass.......you'll do very well!

This is mine from February of this year in 'Carbon Canyon'....had to name it that as my buddy missed 4 seperate hogs over the 2.5 days.

post-1847-1208909374.jpg

I've hunted Tejon for many years and there is nothing better in California.If you go in Jan. or Feb. you should also be able to take varmints.You will see bobcats every day.

Varmints are 'off limits' while hog hunting at Tejon....not sure why, but that's one of the rules they clearly state and desertbull hit the nail on the head.....wet roads at Tejon are a very bad thing.

Tejon is having a $300 archery only hunt in June. Can't beat that. $150 off almost pays for the gas to drive over.

Tejon is having a $300 archery only hunt in June. Can't beat that. $150 off almost pays for the gas to drive over.

So what do you say DB, want to carpool?

I wish I could, but I'm going to Alaska in July. Need to save my pennies.

DB,

Where do you find the details on that hunt? It sounds hot and I assume the pigs will be mostly nocturnal that time of year, but I may be interested.

I've heard the roads can be fairly nasty when wet. I figured that by Feb/March we'd be done hunting in AZ and the pigs would be more active during daylight. Please educate me as I've never been hunting over there.

thanks for the info and help,

Craig

DB,

Where do you find the details on that hunt? It sounds hot and I assume the pigs will be mostly nocturnal that time of year, but I may be interested.

I've heard the roads can be fairly nasty when wet. I figured that by Feb/March we'd be done hunting in AZ and the pigs would be more active during daylight. Please educate me as I've never been hunting over there.

thanks for the info and help,

Craig

I received a flyer in the mail. Call or email and I'm sure they will give you the details.

The only danger with Feb/March is the strong possibilty of rain/snow, severely limiting the areas you can hunt. I have been in December, Feb and May and saw multiple hogs each time. June will be Africa hot but most likely dry.

I wish I could, but I'm going to Alaska in July. Need to save my pennies.

I hear ya. I've already got a hog hunt at chopper's place in May, a blacktail hunt in Aug & a bear hunt in Oct. I don't think my work or my 'boss' would tolerate me trying to sqeeze in another one. At least not until Jan, when I go after my coues deer. ;)

I thought Choppers closed down.

He is closing down after the spring hunts. I believe that Memorial day weekend is his last hunt, but not sure. There's a thread on Jesse's about it. We're going on the Mother's day weekend hunt (the GF & I).

Dude, Hello!

You didnt say you got on this website much.

I'll talk to Monica.

Hatcher,

Get the kitchen pass and we'll make it happen.

When does everybody else want to make this happen? We need to just pick a weekend, set it in stone and run with it.

Let's hear everybody's opinions,

Schmitty