Sign in to follow this  
huntfishchad

Tagged out

Tagged out on the early rifle hunt. It was a rough hunt this year was super windy almost every  day. After spending the majority of the hunt looking for my target buck I decided to go ahead and shoot this wide buck. I was watching my target buck and this guy run together all summer through velvet and even into hard horn a week before the hunt. I had high hopes of shooting my target buck at first light opening morning but he proved me wrong. I still cant figure out why or where he disappeared to with zero human pressure in there. Oh well I am super happy taking this buck. Gonna have to put in the work and try and get my target buck this January time to start shooting the bow.

20191029_180708.jpg

20191029_180551.jpg

20191029_180159.jpg

20191029_175616.jpg

20191029_195023.jpg

• Like 11
  • Great Buck! 1
  • Wow! 1

Nice buck - especially for a "backup buck". Can't wait to see pix of your target buck - good luck getting on him in January.

• Thanks 1

Dang thats a wide one!  Congrats

• Thanks 1

Buck was just over 17" inside spread. crazy wide. The hole was on the entrance he was quartered away the exit was abut perfect. It was a tough hunt glad we came out heavy on 2 beautiful bucks. Congrats again brother. Cant wait for January :) 

• Like 1