Sign in to follow this  
Black_Flag

Tikka t3x 300 win mag stainless magazine issues

Good morning/afternoon,

My magazines are difficult to seat unless I’m putting pressure on the forward end of the bottom of the magazine. Also, the magazine will not drop free and feels “jammed” in there. I have to put downward pressure via the breach in order to pop it out. This happens with the original magazine and two new Tikka magazines as well. Anyone experience this? I’ve had zero feeding issues

Have you had the action out of the stock? If so and you didn't get the action set back over the recoil lug just right you can cause a binding issue. I can't even count how many times I have had a tikka come into the shop that wasn't fully seated over the recoil lug properly. The other thing to look for is a possible tight spot in the magazine well. Could be it just needs a little sanding to free up. 

• Thanks 1

I have a t3 superlite 300 WM with a Bolly composite stock. I have to apply more pressure to the front of the magazine then I think it should take. I do not have the other issue. 

1 hour ago, STOMP442 said:

Have you had the action out of the stock? If so and you didn't get the action set back over the recoil lug just right you can cause a binding issue. I can't even count how many times I have had a tikka come into the shop that wasn't fully seated over the recoil lug properly. The other thing to look for is a possible tight spot in the magazine well. Could be it just needs a little sanding to free up. 

Thanks, I’ll check that because I did install the MCARBO spring. Assuming that’s it, if left as it is for the time being, is it safe to operate? My hunt is this weekend and I do not have the time to go and re-zero the rifle. 

Hate to break it to you but if the rifle has been out of the stock it needs to be re-zeroed or at minimum checked. If you do not have it seated properly on the lug you will be wayyyy high. The tikka mag should slide in and click into place with very little pressure, especially in a factory stock. If I were you I would make some time to check zero before my hunt. I would hate to miss a nice buck over something so easily checked. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, STOMP442 said:

Hate to break it to you but if the rifle has been out of the stock it needs to be re-zeroed or at minimum checked. If you do not have it seated properly on the lug you will be wayyyy high. The tikka mag should slide in and click into place with very little pressure, especially in a factory stock. If I were you I would make some time to check zero before my hunt. I would hate to miss a nice buck over something so easily checked. 

I zeroed it yesterday, as it was, and I got a group of .572 at 200. Wondering if I can run it like this for the hunt this weekend, or will I be doing something detrimental to the rifle. 

and I think you nailed it on the head because it took forever to zero because I was WAY high. 

Edited by Black_Flag
Clarity

The rifle should be fine for the hunt especially if it's shooting like that. I would at some point after the hunt make sure it is seated properly in the stock. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, STOMP442 said:

The rifle should be fine for the hunt especially if it's shooting like that. I would at some point after the hunt make sure it is seated properly in the stock. 

That’s going to be first on my list. Thanks again everyone for your help!