Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

The trophy room!

On 11/6/2019 at 5:02 PM, couesdeerhntr said:

all from New Mexico! Turkey hunting and dove hunting is what got me started. Learning to call in those spring turkeys was a challenge for me and it got the hunting bug started. Few from the manzano mountains and the rest from the gila. Been applying for that goulds  tag here and still haven't got that tag yet.

I like all the turkey fans. In first looking I thought they all looked like Merriam's. Coming from NM I might be right. Are any of them NM Rio's?  

I ran into a guy in reserve nm that was telling me all about all the Rios south of Socorro nm I think near San Antonio nm if I recall. just have not done my research on if and were I can hunt there but that seems to be the closest place to get it done.

1 hour ago, muley224 said:

!cid__16e4bdd3d46efaf32322_.jpg

!cid__16e4bdd3d3c6447e03e1_.jpg

IMG_5546.thumb.JPG.7bf6f676d4b28ec96055d0228b38b461.JPG

• Like 3

17 hours ago, couesdeerhntr said:

Was hoping to have a few more rooms to admire and look at come on guys post them up!

I went to Outdoor Writer's place a couple months ago to pick up something I bought from him. He has an impressive array of animals spread over a couple rooms. Maybe he doesn't have photos. 

11 minutes ago, couesdeerhntr said:

This pic is for little creek calls. Lots of memories behind these calls.

C818AF46-6A01-4DD5-AE7C-1B8F0218CB86.jpeg

Are the top and the bottom calls both cedar and the middle one walnut? Looks like well used calls. RIP Marvin Robbins, lots of good memories.

• Like 1

The middle one was the one left in the woods for a year and re found. And yes lots of use. Not to sure what types of wood these are I forget . Maybe I can cruz by your shop one day and you can check them out.

That's badass! I don't know what I'm going to do when I finally get to kill a bull. I don't have enough room for my kids, let alone an elk shoulder mounts!. I will probably have to go euro style.