Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

The trophy room!

On 11/8/2019 at 5:41 PM, lancetkenyon said:

Yes, all AZ, and several more that are Euro/skull caps elsewhere as well.

The pictures on the wall add A nice touch rather than just mounts cool idea

On 11/11/2019 at 6:43 AM, trophyseeker said:

Glad to see the photos. I can see what you meant about them being old. You have moved quite a few mounts and added several since they were taken. Surprised no one has commented on the unusual one showing in one of the photos. I remember telling you it might be the only such mount like that in the whole state. 🤣

I'm also surprised no one asked about that critter. Of course, I have no way of knowing, but it might be the only mounted one in the country. 😄

1 hour ago, Outdoor Writer said:

I'm also surprised no one asked about that critter. Of course, I have no way of knowing, but it might be the only mounted one in the country. 😄

The dingo in the inner wall? the only other wierd one I see is the cat looking mount of some sort with his back towards camera.

Impressive as heck.

1 hour ago, Delw said:

The dingo in the inner wall? the only other wierd one I see is the cat looking mount of some sort with his back towards camera.

Impressive as heck.

Is the coyote with the quail in its mouth in this image the "dingo?"

605858037_6163trophyr11.thumb.jpg.b077c7a148b5b3db5afed3665a15cfc2.jpg

Other than the bobcat rug on the wall next to the alcove above, I don't see any with a cat's back in it. So be more specific on the photo description, like what else is in it.

• Like 1

Oh thats a yote with a quail got it, didnt look like a yote on the pc at home this one at work is a little better.

The cat like thing in the zebra pic, Which the zebra is my Favorite rugs, anyway I cant figure out what that is.

cant tell if its a cat, squirrel or odd fox. but looking closer it had webbed feet? I think I am seeing things or its one of marks odd concoctions.

we have 4 sea turtles from the pacific ocean that dad speared back in the very early 60's

1 hour ago, Delw said:

Oh thats a yote with a quail got it, didnt look like a yote on the pc at home this one at work is a little better.

The cat like thing in the zebra pic, Which the zebra is my Favorite rugs, anyway I cant figure out what that is.

cant tell if its a cat, squirrel or odd fox. but looking closer it had webbed feet? I think I am seeing things or its one of marks odd concoctions.

we have 4 sea turtles from the pacific ocean that dad speared back in the very early 60's

Looks like some sort of marsupial. Wallaby maybe. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, briant_az said:

Looks like some sort of marsupial. Wallaby maybe. 

And....we have a winner!

Wallabies are considered a pest species in NZ, akin to our coyote. The farmers hate them because they come out of hiding at night and feed on the crops. I wouldn't want to do battle with one because the nails on those three toes would cut like a razor. 

I'll see if I can find an in-the-field photo. The mount was done by Marc Plunkett. It's no longer on the table, however, The bobcat/snake sits there now and the wallaby is atop the left side of the entertainment center. 

wallaby1opt.jpg.afa42828df361fa164ce6425cdcac518.jpg

wallaby2opt.jpg.85398ef0712c4fdd4df864ef0aad37a1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:08 PM, Jeffdavison said:

The few I have inside the house

3473C6A6-78EC-43E4-9534-CB05E790A138.jpeg

That mulie is $$$$$....story?

• Like 2