PowellSixO

Shooting from one unit into another????

10 hours ago, n2horns said:

I asked my wifes 1st cousin on the half brothers half of his moms aunt sallys brother in laws 3rd cousin kinfolk 4 timez reloved from my 2nd girlfriend's wifes life parters neighbor who knows the guy at the counter that counts when it matters best friends boyfriends 1st time lovers moms horny cougar aunt with a healtly rack of her lesbuan non gendered domesticated parnter says that ferris bueller is really really sick.

dang I need a Tylenol after reading that rats nest.

Upon reflection, this post did not need to go 4 pages, or even to start a post like this. Quite simply all the OP had to do was ask his wife. Because if she's anything like my wife, she knows it all!

• Like 3

On 11/7/2019 at 10:44 PM, 10Turkeys said:

My bet is that if your gun is loaded and your not in the unit that your tag is for, you could be charged. Would GF charge you? Who knows.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:59 PM, Delw said:

no, thats not true, he could be hunting yotes. there is NO law that says you can ONLY have a loaded weapon in your UNIT at least not in this state.

It's been a few years ago on this site....somebody was archery deer hunting.....traveling like through unit 1 to get to 27 with his bow in the front seat. G$F stopped him, asked what he was doing. The guy got sited for illegally hunting in the wrong unit designated on his tag!

Also, during my years in Ash Fork, there was a DPS officer bragging about shooting an antelope in unit 10 sitting in the corner of unit 8......over I-40..............YIKES!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

It's been a few years ago on this site....somebody was archery deer hunting.....traveling like through unit 1 to get to 27 with his bow in the front seat. G$F stopped him, asked what he was doing. The guy got sited for illegally hunting in the wrong unit designated on his tag!

That would never hold up in court. There had to be more to the story. 

• Like 5

It’s legal in NM, can’t see how it would be different in AZ.  

If I was going to do this I would talk with the local Warden before the hunt and get their definition because that’s the one that will matter since they are the one who will or won’t bust you for it.  You could win in court but what a pain that would be.  Best solve it before hand so you don’t have any issues to ruin your hunt.

Isn’t this how like half the bulls in unit 22 get killed?-quoting Flatlander

awhile ago.  i had a 22north rifle bull tag and we hunted/glassed from rimtop overlooks.  each and every azgfd officer/manager we queried  repeated the same thing-i had to make the shot from under the rim crest to be legal.  the only point of contention was other groups of hunters who thought fr300 was the boundary-it is not!.  i hope i am not repeating something here already-my apologies if i did.

lee

• Like 1

On 4/25/2015 at 11:02 PM, Coach said:

I'm reaching out to the community here because I have a situation I don't know how to fix. You guys probably remember that for a couple years, G&F closed unit 27 on the archery deer hunt earlier than Unit 1. One morning I was hunting unit 1, then headed into 27. Problem was, unit 27 had closed 2 days earlier. I encountered a G&F guy and openly told him I was on my way to hunt deer at a specific spot in unit 27 that I had forgotten was closed at that time.

Not even close to the same deal, this guy admitted he was hunting unit 27.

I’m seriously blown away and amazed at the energy a bunch of guys on CWT are exerting just to justify shooting from the wrong unit. I think it’s easier just to be in correct unit. 

If anyone ever hunts with me I want to make it clear now: we will glass from the unit listed on our tag. we will pursue within the unit listed on our tag and we will shoot from the unit listed on our tag. 😁

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AZ8 said:

I’m seriously blown away and amazed at the energy a bunch of guys on CWT are exerting just to justify shooting from the wrong unit. I think it’s easier just to be in correct unit. 

If anyone ever hunts with me I want to make it clear now: we will glass from the unit listed on our tag. we will pursue within the unit listed on our tag and we will shoot from the unit listed on our tag. 😁

I’m seriously blown away by the “holier-than-thou” crowd on this site. There’s nothing unethical about shooting over an arbitrary boundary we created if the law we created says it’s legal. Get off your high horse; nobody is impressed.

• Like 9