PowellSixO

Shooting from one unit into another????

1 hour ago, AZLance said:

What a holier than thou jack a$$ you are

GFY.Ā šŸ˜Ž

19 hours ago, AZ8 said:

Iā€™m seriously blown away and amazed at the energy a bunch of guys on CWT are exerting justĀ to justify shooting from the wrong unit. I think itā€™s easier just to be in correct unit.Ā 

If anyone ever hunts with me I want to make it clear now: we will glass fromĀ the unit listed on our tag. we will pursue withinĀ the unit listed on our tag andĀ we will shoot fromĀ the unit listed on our tag.Ā šŸ˜

Ā 

8 hours ago, BowhunterAZ said:

Iā€™m seriously blown away by the ā€œholier-than-thouā€ crowd on this site. Thereā€™s nothing unethical about shooting over an arbitrary boundary we created if the law we created says itā€™s legal. Get off your high horse; nobody is impressed.

Ā 

1 hour ago, AZLance said:

What a holier than thou jack a$$ you are

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PowellSixO said:

Ā 

So from your point of view, it is okay to shoot animal in the wrong unit as long as you're "pursuing" from the same unit as your tag, and "taking" from the same unit as your tag. Your logic works both ways. You're just interpreting it the way YOU want to interpret it. Just saying.Ā 

Have no idea what the heck you're talking about. Do you?Ā :blink:Ā 

In the meantime, read this again and take note of ALL the bold words.Ā 

20. "Take" means pursuing, shooting, hunting, fishing, trapping, killing, capturing, snaring or netting wildlife or placing or using any net or other device or trap in a manner that may result in capturing or killing wildlife.

39 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

Have no idea what the heck you're talking about. Do you?Ā :blink:Ā 

In the meantime, read this again and take note of ALL the bold words.Ā 

20. "Take" means pursuing, shooting, hunting, fishing, trapping, killing, capturing, snaring or netting wildlife or placing or using any net or other device or trap in a manner that may result in capturing or killing wildlife.

What I'm not seeing is the FROM part. You can justify it from either perspective. I can understand it from both sides. What I WANT, is a cut and dry answer here. That's the thing I hate about keyboard warriors. They refuse to try and see a scenario from both sides of the fence.Ā I can see it from your perspective, but you refuse to try and see it from mine. Doesn't make either of us right. I had an hour conversation with an Arizona Game Commissioner, and he didn't know the answer. He didn't criticize me, or say you're wrong because this is the way I feel. He said I see it from my side, and I can see it from your side, let me find out. So why is your opinion on the way you interpret the rules here make it the end all? That's my criticism of your argument.Ā 

Ā 

Edit: I'm not trying to be an butt here. I'm not saying I'm right either. And I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that it is not as cut and dry as you're claiming it is. It definitely leaves room for argument. I'm just wanting a real answer here, not an opinion.Ā 

• Like 2

I'm with the is open for interpretation crowd. That wording to me is still ambiguous in my opinion I'm not saying I'm right I'm just saying anyway if the animal is killed in the correct unit that's my definition of take.Ā 

This thread is heading for the scrap pile.

• Like 2

Just spoke with the Commissioner. It IS 100% LEGAL to shoot from one unit into another unit, as long as no other rules are broken. No shooting across roads, structures, and so on. I'm not going to list his name (so a million people don't call him), but all of the commissionersĀ are aware of it. So he said call your local commissioner if you don't believe some crazy guy on Coues Whitetail. It IS LEGAL.Ā 

• Like 5

Your question would be better served with a district attorney, game warden, and/or magistrate instead of the G&F Game Commission, as theyĀ do not hear criminal matters.
Ā 

The warden I just asked for you said, ā€œmost definitely a violation.ā€ Ā You should verify for yourself, but itā€™s fairly cut and dry, IMO. Ā 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BOHNTR said:

Your question would be better served with a district attorney, game warden, and/or magistrate instead of the G&F Game Commission, as theyĀ do not hear criminal matters.
Ā 

The warden I just asked for you said, ā€œmost definitely a violation.ā€ Ā You should verify for yourself, but itā€™s fairly cut and dry, IMO. Ā 

Ā I've already spoken to 3 game wardens and they were no help. All they would say is I don't know. See post above!

49 minutes ago, PowellSixO said:

Just spoke with the Commissioner. It IS 100% LEGAL to shoot from one unit into another unit, as long as no other rules are broken. No shooting across roads, structures, and so on. I'm not going to list his name (so a million people don't call him), but all of the commissionersĀ are aware of it. So he said call your local commissioner if you don't believe some crazy guy on Coues Whitetail. It IS LEGAL.Ā 

And this is exactly what I said in my first post on this subject, response was from a 20+ year game and fish employee for Arizona that did everything from in the field warden to head of habitat and was a personal friendĀ 

• Like 1

Last thing I have to say, is that I never intended to stir the pot, or get anyone fired up. I really just wanted to know what was truly legal. I found my answer, and I hope it helps someone in the future. Sorry if some feathers got ruffled along the way. šŸ‘

• Like 1

The commission would tell you to also self report if you do it.Ā  I really dont care if you want to use semantics to justify killing an animal the easier way.Ā Ā šŸ˜Ŗ

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AZLance said:

Right after your wifes done

Lmao. What are you, 14?Ā