Big Browns

Canada Semi Live Whitetail Hunt

On 11/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, Big Browns said:

The bodies on these deer are absolutely HUGE!!  I couldn't move the deer without help.  He was the size of an Az cow Elk!  

Amazing, eh? 😉

Years ago, I hunted near Truro, Novia Scotia. A place in town was holding a big buck contest and had a sign board outside with the heaviest weights listed on it. If I recall, the top five were all over 300 lbs. field dressed. I passed on a couple small antlered ones, and on the last day the gal cook asked me to shoot her a doe for the pot if I didn't see a good buck. So I did. Field dressed, it weighed 172 lbs. on a good digital scale. 

15 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

How'd Chris do?

I ended up shooting a small ten point on the 2nd to last day.  I had passed on him two days prior.  I had some chances at a couple bigger bucks during the hunt but couldn't get a good shot opportunity on the big guys.  It took a couple days to learn their pattern in the blind I was sitting and I had about 5 seconds to judge and shoot in the cut line they were crossing.  This is the second time I hunted Eastern Whitetail and happy that I was able to get one this time around. Definitely different type of hunting then I am used to. 

• Like 2

Here's pics of the deer Chris got.  Also a picture of our deer together.

image000000(2).jpg

IMG952019111295120154-picsay(1).jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Big Browns said:

Here's pics of the deer Chris got.  Also a picture of our deer together.

image000000(2).jpg

IMG952019111295120154-picsay(1).jpg

Very nice, congrats to the both of you! Don't know if I could have sat in a cold blind that long..

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Goldfinger78 said:

I ended up shooting a small ten point on the 2nd to last day.  I had passed on him two days prior.  I had some chances at a couple bigger bucks during the hunt but couldn't get a good shot opportunity on the big guys.  It took a couple days to learn their pattern in the blind I was sitting and I had about 5 seconds to judge and shoot in the cut line they were crossing.  This is the second time I hunted Eastern Whitetail and happy that I was able to get one this time around. Definitely different type of hunting then I am used to. 

Well that's no slouch. It looks like the hide is pretty heavy. Always good to go hunt some where else in another place and different  terrain.Let me know if you need a spotter next year.

• Like 1