Sign in to follow this  
Redman

SME adapter - who has used it?

Cool concept, but I'm having difficulty with the idea of trying to hold my phone while panning or adjusting the spotter to keep up with or reacquire etc whatever I"m looking at?  Awesome for range/bench use but not sure if I could make it practical in the field.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jdown said:

Cool concept, but I'm having difficulty with the idea of trying to hold my phone while panning or adjusting the spotter to keep up with or reacquire etc whatever I"m looking at?  Awesome for range/bench use but not sure if I could make it practical in the field.  

I hear ya, wish somebody has used it, may just buy it and if I don't like it return it. I would like to take a few more pictures - 

2 hours ago, jdown said:

I don’t think you’d have to move your phone? I’d use it on something with a bigger screen. As you scan with you spotter/bino, you just watch the screen. That’s my concern. Is the screen view as good as the real life view?

it is up on Camofire today so I took the bait and ordered.... I will post a review, my son had a jr hunt next weekend.   

I bought a lot of useless hunting stuff before, hope this isn't one to add to the list..

• Thanks 1

The SME thing arrived today and on initial review, its works well, much better than the two previous adaptors I bought.  It's bigger than I thought, but immediately was centered and easy to change magnification of the scope and focus.  I probably need a better tripod head (I use a Silk) fine movements difficult, but they always are on 45x power on a spotting scope. 

Will use it this weekend and post a better review with pictures and hopefully a kill shot! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Redman said:

The SME thing arrived today and on initial review, its works well, much better than the two previous adaptors I bought.  It's bigger than I thought, but immediately was centered and easy to change magnification of the scope and focus.  I probably need a better tripod head (I use a Silk) fine movements difficult, but they always are on 45x power on a spotting scope. 

Will use it this weekend and post a better review with pictures and hopefully a kill shot! 

Can you video with it or does it only take still pictures?

Video also, it stores pictures and videos in the app and in the phone's picture icon- not sure why in two places, but it does.

On 11/19/2019 at 4:43 AM, Redman said:

Video also, it stores pictures and videos in the app and in the phone's picture icon- not sure why in two places, but it does.

So how did it work?

okay, the dang thing turns on real easy and the battery died, so I tapped a plastic cap over the button.  Also it was a lot of hassle to find keep switching back and forth - its not the device it was me.  I will use it more in Jan.