Sign in to follow this  
Big Tub

Bag Limit

From the regs:  "Two (2) javelina per calendar year (except as prescribed in R12-4-120) with no more than one (1) javelina taken per open area as defined in each hunt number. The bag limit may be filled in any combination of permit-tag (draw tag or firstcome left over draw tag as long as differing hunt numbers) or nonpermit-tag (over-the-counter tag) hunts as prescribed in R12-4-114. No more than one (1) permit-tag shall be issued per hunter through the initial draw."

So the bag limit is two, sort of?  What about the number of tags you can get?  Apparently, unlimited so long as you don't harvest more than two and they have to be from different hunt numbers?

4 hours ago, Big Tub said:

It seems inconsistent with other species just to be sure and sell the left over permits. I bet it increases the harvest percentage.

It has been this way for about 4 or 5 years.

• Like 1

Sounds like you can have 4 tags max. 2 OTC non-permit  and 2 permit tags with different hunt #'s. (Of which 1 must be drawn)

R12-4-114

Issuance of Nonpermit-tags and Hunt

Permit-tags

2. An applicant shall not obtain nonpermit-tags in excess

of the bag limit established by Commission Order

when it established the season for which the nonpermit-

tags are valid.

D. A person may purchase hunt permit-tags equal to the bag

Limit for a genus.

9 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

Sounds like you can have 4 tags max. 2 OTC non-permit  and 2 permit tags with different hunt #'s. (Of which 1 must be drawn)

R12-4-114

Issuance of Nonpermit-tags and Hunt

Permit-tags

2. An applicant shall not obtain nonpermit-tags in excess

of the bag limit established by Commission Order

when it established the season for which the nonpermit-

tags are valid.

D. A person may purchase hunt permit-tags equal to the bag

Limit for a genus.

That was helpful ... thanks.

I went in to get  a paper app.  Walmart nada .... Sportsman's nada and they told me that AZGFD had come in and taken all the copies.  Weekend - Regional office close.  Anyone know if they have any stashed outside the door?

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

I went in to get  a paper app.  Walmart nada .... Sportsman's nada and they told me that AZGFD had come in and taken all the copies.  Weekend - Regional office close.  Anyone know if they have any stashed outside the door?

Here ya go. Just print it out.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/PortalImages/files/hunting/draw/applicationForm/paperDrawAppl.pdf

1 hour ago, Big Tub said:

Not with my software.

I can print it and fax it to you tomorrow morning if that helps.

12 hours ago, Big Tub said:

That's ok, but thanks anyway.  I was hoping for a form that you fill in on the computer and then print it out.  

I'm not sure what your problem is. If you can print it out after you fill it out, you should be able to print it without filling it out. It doesn't take special software, just a printer.