Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

The boy tagged a nice little buck

Great buck,what was the story?

• Like 1

Man you are in a different league calling that a little buck! Very nice deer.

Thanks for the kind words, I try to be humble around here anymore. When I posted him I didn't release how big he is.

.  Any way. It was Tuesday afternoon after work , we decided to hit a new idea. Got out there about 4 pm.

We got to the spot we wanted and proceeded to glass. After a quick look and didn't see anything Hunter went around the corner to look and I set up the new doctors to give them a try. Went back to the 15s for a location and there was a deer with its head up in the tree. Tried to find him in the doctor's but field of view was small, back to the 15's. Noticed the deer was a 2 point with guards.

Went to grab Hunter , while waiting for him I finally found a deer in the doctors, holly crap, it wasn't the 2 point, it was this guy, I started to shake a little, then Hunter looks at him and now were both a little over excited. He's at 477yrds, let's the first shot go, miss, takes a few steps then number 2 missed by inches.

I love muzzle brakes , they have no clue where the bullets are coming from. He proceeds to walk to the left, over some rocks thru some tree's then we notice another 3 point, 3 bucks over there, don't shoot the wrong one I told him , he says is there a wrong. No

Here he comes out of the tree walks 10ft and starts feeding on a bush, 562yrds, boom, that deer's whole body just shook . Drops instantly, slides down the hill. Spinned him. Picks his head back up after 10mins, then he put another one in him . Gets up dragging his butt goes 20yrds and dumps over, still moving alittle but no light left.

long night waiting not much sleep for him. Went back in the am and found him 10ft away.

Sorry about story and spelling not the best at it. Thanks to all

25198 (1).jpeg

25194.jpeg

• Like 3

Field of view is real, I've been doing lots of switching between my 10s and 15s lately. 

Fine buck, congratulations! Sounds like a great time with father and son.

• Like 1

Don't worry about the spelling and thank you for the story.I was wondering why you had to leave him overnight.Congrats again on a really nice buck.

• Like 1

Nasty spot wasn't for sure if he had fully expired, didn't want to bump this one. When in doubt back out.

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Nasty spot wasn't for sure if he had fully expired, didn't want to bump this one. When in doubt back out.

How was the meat? I always wonder about deer. I left a late archery bull over night once and lost alittle meat