Sign in to follow this  
AZ513

Unit 10 Bull

I’m up scouting in unit 10 right now on the ranch and heard shots this morning, 20 minutes later a bull comes in on us about 30 yards away and dies. Cannot locate a hunter if you shot a bull and think it’s yours and can’t locate it shoot me a message. Service is in and out but I’ll check as often as I can. 

B6361517-142C-4223-9F28-C07061290E0C.jpeg

Wow, that's crazy!  Hope you find the hunter. 

As a side note, what is the 'normal/standard' course of action in these cases (in addition to putting the word out on social media like this.....)?  Call G&F?  Gut the thing, then call G&F?

Good luck!!

S.

Could not locate a entry wound, I didn’t mess with it thinking someone was going to come up on it. Searched for about 1.5 hours looking for a hunter and couldn’t find anyone. By the time I came back He was pretty stiff so I didn’t flip him over. I’ll call G&F and go back and gut him   

• Like 2

I wouldn't gut him until G&F says it is okay. My father-in-law saw a nice bull jump a fence and caught the top wire and broke it's neck. He called G&F and they said don't touch him until they showed up. Unfortunately, they never showed and the meat went to waste.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Per the unit 7 manager.  It will get you in touch with dispatch.

Tell him to call the Ogt line 18003520700

The hunter was able to locate the bull and was able to harvest all the meat. It was a lower gut shot and the guts plugged the hole and he was bleeding internally hence why we couldn’t find a entry wound or a blood trail. Contacted game and fish while I was out and had service and they came out which was nice to see. Update on the scout, it’s dry up here and we haven’t been able to locate any elk.

64F66FCC-B2CB-4EB6-BC4F-F74E9E03D3D3.jpeg

• Like 13

1 hour ago, AZ513 said:

The hunter was able to locate the bull and was able to harvest all the meat. It was a lower gut shot and the guts plugged the hole and he was bleeding internally hence why we couldn’t find a entry wound or a blood trail. Contacted game and fish while I was out and had service and they came out which was nice to see. Update on the scout, it’s dry up here and we haven’t been able to locate any elk.

64F66FCC-B2CB-4EB6-BC4F-F74E9E03D3D3.jpeg

Did you find out when it was shot? I’m curious how long he lasted with the gut shot?