Sign in to follow this  
AZ513

Unit 10 Bull

16 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

What do you mean? You located one. 

Not sure what you’re asking exactly 

15 hours ago, GJMauro12 said:

Did you find out when it was shot? I’m curious how long he lasted with the gut shot?  

Yeah he was shot at 4:30 in the evening / afternoon prior. Lasted all night and just a coincidence that he happened to die not too far from us at 7 the next morning. 

7 hours ago, AZ513 said:

Yeah he was shot at 4:30 in the evening / afternoon prior. Lasted all night and just a coincidence that he happened to die not too far from us at 7 the next morning. 

Tough animals. I made a bad shot on a bull in September. Shot was at 7AM. I sat on the bull all day until I was finally able to sneak in at 5PM, and put 2 more arrows in him. 

AZ513,

That is awesome that you helped the hunter find the bull.  That was a super tough hunt. I bet he was happy as heck.  We killed two great bulls on that hunt.  It was rough in 10.  Not sure what azbirdhunter was asking either. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AZ513 said:

Not sure what you’re asking exactly 

In your original post you said you weren’t able to find any elk on your scouting trip but Kenny is pointing out that you did find one.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2019 at 8:46 PM, az300wby said:

AZ513,

That is awesome that you helped the hunter find the bull.  That was a super tough hunt. I bet he was happy as heck.  We killed two great bulls on that hunt.  It was rough in 10.  Not sure what azbirdhunter was asking either. 

He seemed to be happy that he was able to get it done, it was his first elk, ever. He had some help from other hunters getting all the meat off. It seemed extremely tough out there, we never saw another bull the entire time, didn't even glass up a cow either. Super dry out there and with the full moon they can move so much. Great job getting it done, I'm sure it wasn't easy considering the conditions