firstcoueswas80

Suggestions on finding a new camp in the dark

When all else fails, bring a fleshlight! The camp will be where you are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

This is a new one for me. It appears as i will need to find all camp in the dark, as i was unable to get Thanksgiving off.

Other than GPS cords, paper plates, etc do you fellas have any tips/tricks? Rumor has it, there will be no signal, and there are several roads to get tripped up on.

google earth? hotel the first night then set up camp the next day? 

9 hours ago, n2horns said:

When all else fails, bring a fleshlight! The camp will be where you are.

How often do you have to use that word to get your autocorrect to default to it?

• Haha 2

On 11/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, firstcoueswas80 said:

This is a new one for me. It appears as i will need to find all camp in the dark, as i was unable to get Thanksgiving off.

Other than GPS cords, paper plates, etc do you fellas have any tips/tricks? Rumor has it, there will be no signal, and there are several roads to get tripped up on.

Bang In!

Just now, HuntHarder said:

Must of burned all his comp time 

Gotta work to get comp time...😉

If someone else in camp has OnX they could use tracker then send you the track...if there are a lot of roads to get tripped up just a waypoint may not be enough to get you there on the first try. 

32 minutes ago, bigorange said:

If someone else in camp has OnX they could use tracker then send you the track...if there are a lot of roads to get tripped up just a waypoint may not be enough to get you there on the first try. 

Not sure how this is possible. I've blindly found hanging meat miles in with only an OnX point, in the dark. 

OnX is one of those things once you have it you realize you cannot go without. Game changer.   

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Know how I know you shoot 6.5 creedmoor? 

How?

1 hour ago, Big or Bust said:

Not sure how this is possible. I've blindly found hanging meat miles in with only an OnX point, in the dark. 

OnX is one of those things once you have it you realize you cannot go without. Game changer.   

I can see it happening depending where you are. I love the track option though. Always use it when scouting or hunting, it's been great when leaving a rangefinder sit on the ground like a dingus.