Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Holiday Gift Ideas???

We are approaching that time of year again when my wife starts to drive crazy about what I want for Christmas. I rarely know what to tell her because all of the things I really want and don't already have (guns, optics, etc.) are way outside of the budget. With that in mind, I thought I would pose this to the CWT community. What are the best and or most invaluable pieces of outdoor gear you own/use in the $100 or less price range? Get specific. Don't just say broadheads, camo, etc.

Thanks

• Like 1

I like it! Going on the list. I always need extra batteries back at camp anyway. Plus this would have saved my butt on my son's elk hunt this year where we had to call in a buddy to bail us out.

I barely know your wife and only know you slightly better; however, the best thing she can get you is a shock collar with adjustable settings on the FOB she keeps!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

REI trail stool. I love mine, it's super light to throw in the pack and I dont have to sit on cold rocks to glass.  

Smoke in a bottle

Mini coolapsable umbrella, great for when glassing toward the sun, or just keep the sun off of you while glassing.  

Pellet smoker tube, I add it to my pellet smoker to add supplemental smoke, they work amazing.  

Radios if you dont already have them. 

Sean, the best gift - Gift cards for $100 x 20 = 12x50 ELs.  

onXmap subscription

Carbon Fiber Slik Tripod

Outdoorsmans Pan/Pistol Set

Replacement Havalon blades

Reloading components

New gun cleaning supplies (brushes, solvents, oil)

Game bags

Camping chair

Tarps

Fix-a-flat or Slime for the tires

(all stuff I just bought this week for an upcoming hunt)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Red Rabbit said:

Do the halo jump start. Amazing. Got one in every vehicle

Ultralite tarp 6x9 to throw in the pack.  I use mine for a wide range of uses.  Jimmy tarps makes an affordable one.  

Helinox chair zero camp chair.  Things are amazing

Pyro putty- another lighweight fire starter that actually works

packable puffy jacket- I use one from eddie bauer.  Super light weight and insanely warm

When my wife and I started dating it was around the holidays, all of our kids are out of the house, so we decided that we would take the money that we would spend on each other and give it to someone in need, but if I was going to get something for a gift this would be it. I've had mine for over close to 20 years.

Screenshot_20191118-163228~2.png

• Like 1