Sign in to follow this  
Jacob...soaz

Sight

CBE Tek Hunter Pro, 5 pin w/ .010 pins.  EVERYTHING!!!!   The pins don't cover the entire target.  Pins to 60 and slide to 120 or whatever... Just have to really watch the pins if you are in the thick stuff or crawling around.

The Engage Hybrid with blade pins looks interesting. (I'm afraid to put my hands on one as I really don't need a new sight)

Montana black gold slider is what a ton of people run, including me. Can’t really go wrong with it 

edit: I like the oversized wheel, easier to dial in the cold. Entire thing is rock solid, feels bulletproof. Easy to adjust

4 pin slider! 20,30,40,50 pins then bottom pin slides out to 100. Practical for hunting and can practice out further. The single pin deal doesn't really make much sense to me for hunting.  

black gold ascent 5 pin. 30-70 and dial out for anything further. Super bright pins so I run .10 and have no complaints. Both my primary and back up bow have one. 

I like my cbe tek hunter but I think the pins  are alittle vulnerable. A buddy has the black gold and I think if I had to replace mine that’s what I’d get. 

On 11/27/2019 at 9:29 AM, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

4 pin slider! 20,30,40,50 pins then bottom pin slides out to 100. Practical for hunting and can practice out further. The single pin deal doesn't really make much sense to me for hunting.  

I agree with this. For hunting you need to have a few fixed pins.   I run 20-60 with 60 as the slider.  My only gripe is the 60 pin should be a smaller diameter.  Bow is shooting so well I don’t want to mess with it lol

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 6:00 PM, Green Bullet said:

I agree with this. For hunting you need to have a few fixed pins.   I run 20-60 with 60 as the slider.  My only gripe is the 60 pin should be a smaller diameter.  Bow is shooting so well I don’t want to mess with it lol

Green Bullet, I dealt with the same issue on one of my sights. I contacted the manufacture (PSE in this case) and ordered a smaller diameter pin for my last 2 pins and replaced in my sight. I'm a big fan on getting ahold of manufactures for gear issues, you'd be surprised at how helpful they can be.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:54 AM, AZ_SAWBUCK said:

Green Bullet, I dealt with the same issue on one of my sights. I contacted the manufacture (PSE in this case) and ordered a smaller diameter pin for my last 2 pins and replaced in my sight. I'm a big fan on getting ahold of manufactures for gear issues, you'd be surprised at how helpful they can be.

Yes I know I can order a new one just haven’t gotten to it.  They’re like $10 or something.  

24 minutes ago, creed said:

I have a slider going into the trash.  I blew a shot on this guy fooling with yardage.  Never again 

86A278FB-594A-4815-AE30-501A9AA5EED7.thumb.jpeg.fa6d9249da744808c5e4f14295f73180.jpeg

I with creed.  I had a helluva time with a slider hunting this year.  Missed two opportunities at decent bucks fiddling with the dang thing.  Come February 1st, my five pin blackgold is going back on and the slider goes on eBay.  I don’t need to shoot that far at animals anyway.  I’ll keep my slider on my play/target bow

I am shooting a 6 pin slider sight for the above 2 reasons.  I hated fiddling with the slider when the shot presented itself.  I now have pins 20-70 for hunting and can dial for long range practice or follow up shots if they give ya one.  I am of firm belief that if the animal is still standing, I am still sending them!  .19 diameter pins 20-50 and .10 for 60-slider.  

• Like 2